Hi all.
So I was wondering if it was possible to adapt a ob1 port out of a vr/vs body harness directly into a 808 ecu and then utilize the Aldl interface to rt tune using a nvram?
Cheers.
808 interface
-
nutbag355
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 am
- cars: bf xr6 turbo
vs ss
vr clubsport - Location: Rockhampton
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 808 interface
Yes if it's a VR VS manual ECU not an 808.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 808 interface
If you already have an 808 get one of the USB comms board's. Great set up and well priced.
-
nutbag355
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 am
- cars: bf xr6 turbo
vs ss
vr clubsport - Location: Rockhampton
Re: 808 interface
Dam, I've ordered the 808 interface board but unfortunately it hasn't tuned up in time for a job I have to get done today/tomorrow. Might have to go to the wreckers and see if they have a manual vr/vs ecu. It a retro for into an older car.
Also if I find a vr vs manual ecu can I still use the vn engine harness?
Also if I find a vr vs manual ecu can I still use the vn engine harness?
Last edited by nutbag355 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: 808 interface
Where are you located?
-
nutbag355
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 am
- cars: bf xr6 turbo
vs ss
vr clubsport - Location: Rockhampton
Re: 808 interface
Rockhampton mate.Dylan wrote:Where are you located?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: 808 interface
Note you need VR/VS manual, thus its rare and generally more expensive. The auto computer is different.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: 808 interface
Or just an 808 and fit an SXR board like I did.antus wrote:Note you need VR/VS manual, thus its rare and generally more expensive. The auto computer is different.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: 808 interface
He probably has the comms board by now 
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
nutbag355
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 am
- cars: bf xr6 turbo
vs ss
vr clubsport - Location: Rockhampton
Re: 808 interface
Haha more than likely do antus, and I'll be putting it to good use. I borrowed a vr manual "305" ecm to get me out of trouble which worked well until the fuel pump gave me the middle finger and tapped out lol.
I was also lucky enough to acquire a "305" ecm yesterday in exchange for a favor so bonus there as well.
I was also lucky enough to acquire a "305" ecm yesterday in exchange for a favor so bonus there as well.