gemini tuning help

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: gemini tuning help

Post by Holden202T »

well if the pulsar tunes timing is lower than what you have, that might be an indication of which way to head!
djbrooksy
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:41 am
Location: Launceston TAS

Re: gemini tuning help

Post by djbrooksy »

Pulsar map still had what I feel was to much advance up top but its what the current map was based off

Anyone used a phone dyno app for tuning spark?
I don't care for the acute numbers, just repeatability
djbrooksy
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:41 am
Location: Launceston TAS

Re: gemini tuning help

Post by djbrooksy »

back again with more useless data :lol: :lol:
$12P-V112-brooksygem ok low rpm high withslowacl222222.bin
last log
last log needs.xdl
made a lot of ground tonight. still not great and I'm getting a tad lost with the timing, not sure if need more in sooner, less as it loads up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
djbrooksy
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:41 am
Location: Launceston TAS

Re: gemini tuning help

Post by djbrooksy »

Seems to be humming along OK
IMG_20171031_221521.jpg
Still bit funny in spots, but OK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: gemini tuning help

Post by vlad01 »

looking good. Though the rpm looks pretty erratic for some reason?

Whats the actual engine you are tuning and its specs?
djbrooksy
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:41 am
Location: Launceston TAS

Re: gemini tuning help

Post by djbrooksy »

IMG_20171015_194529.jpg
Just a plain old gemini 1600 motor with the normal balancing of bottom end, bit taken off the deck
Per emissions ADR head with a mild can.

Intake off 4ze1 rodeo motor, custom plenum chamber
With VN throttle body.

N13 pulsar injectors and reg
Dizzy is stock with rb gemini (ugly fwd thing) reluctor
Feeding the N13 module

So just a normal Frankenstein
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: gemini tuning help

Post by vlad01 »

Seem something is wrong? where is the v6?
djbrooksy
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:41 am
Location: Launceston TAS

Re: gemini tuning help

Post by djbrooksy »

I'm getting to old to be playing them games
And I like my insurance. All that way better options then a v6
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: gemini tuning help

Post by antus »

The choppyness in the the RPM signal will be play in the distributor. Not a problem and normal for a system like this.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: gemini tuning help

Post by vlad01 »

Ah yeah forgot about the distributor. All the old school stuff is getting bit beyond me these days.