Eprom I'd for programmer

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
nutbag355
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 am
cars: bf xr6 turbo
vs ss
vr clubsport
Location: Rockhampton

Eprom I'd for programmer

Post by nutbag355 »

Hi so I'm having trouble I'd,ing a chip in the burner, it's a brown base and no matter what device I input to Id it it keeps coming up "unknown"

I've tried searching on here for a list to give me some guidance but have so far come up empty handed. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Eprom I'd for programmer

Post by immortality »

Any markings on the chip?
nutbag355
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 am
cars: bf xr6 turbo
vs ss
vr clubsport
Location: Rockhampton

Re: Eprom I'd for programmer

Post by nutbag355 »

I'll take a photo of it and post it when I get into the shop
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Eprom I'd for programmer

Post by Holden202T »

if your saying its in a memcal and has a brown base then use 27c128/27c256

most ive seen are texas instruments branded, but using generic with above will work ..... if it doesn't then i'd say you have a dodgy connection to the memcal.
nutbag355
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:59 am
cars: bf xr6 turbo
vs ss
vr clubsport
Location: Rockhampton

Re: Eprom I'd for programmer

Post by nutbag355 »

I've tried both those numbers and no luck.
IMG_4030.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Eprom I'd for programmer

Post by immortality »

What are you using as an adaptor to fit the memcal in the eprom burner?

Which eprom burner are you using?
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Eprom I'd for programmer

Post by Dylan »

Probably get bad data now anyway with the sticker off the EPROM. Read the as a 27C256 it'll read if it's smaller anyway just with blanks. Don't worry about ID just read and post it here.
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: Eprom I'd for programmer

Post by kojab »

It is a 128K V6 VP memcal. Guess AWUY AXFU