Quick question, Have I done my $$$

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kroozer
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:42 am
cars: 91 VN SS
95 VS V8 Calais
01 VX V6

Quick question, Have I done my $$$

Post by Kroozer »

Hey guys, Bought a VP V8 Auto ecu off ebay and old mate said that it was removed from a running vehicle. When it arrived though 1 pin is damaged and 1 pin looks to have been completely burnt out.

Just after your opinion on is it stuffed/can be repaired/is it even worth repairing if so?

Thanks in Advance

Image
Image
Image
Last edited by Kroozer on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Quick question, Have I done my $$$

Post by immortality »

Images aren't working for me.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Quick question, Have I done my $$$

Post by Charlescrown »

Your talking about the pins where the wiring plugs onto? I fixed one that had corroded pins by taking the full socket of a dead 808 and fitting it to the good ECU with corroded pins but boy what a big job.
Kroozer
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:42 am
cars: 91 VN SS
95 VS V8 Calais
01 VX V6

Re: Quick question, Have I done my $$$

Post by Kroozer »

Sorry mate try that :comp:
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Quick question, Have I done my $$$

Post by Charlescrown »

I would pitch it for what it will cost for another one but someone else might see otherwise. Are they burnt or corroded? If burnt what other damage may have occurred?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Quick question, Have I done my $$$

Post by vlad01 »

bin in, just get another. Worth going to a pick a part or similar and cherry pick your own one and it will cost bugger all, way cheaper than what ebay would have.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Quick question, Have I done my $$$

Post by delcowizzid »

Keep the memcal out of it and file it under R for rubbish .they arnt worth buggerall same as a v6 ecu
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Quick question, Have I done my $$$

Post by Holden202T »

D1 and A12 are both grounds, so theoretically it would probably still work without them, but you might get some funny results.

it does make you question what has happened to cause that though also!
Kroozer
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:42 am
cars: 91 VN SS
95 VS V8 Calais
01 VX V6

Re: Quick question, Have I done my $$$

Post by Kroozer »

Thought it was toast, I'll try for my money back but we will see what happens...

Thanks for the replys :thumbup: