VU Cluster Fuel Gauge Settings

Programs / Tools / Scripts
megajuz3003
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:47 am
cars: 2001 VU SS
Location: Brisbane

VU Cluster Fuel Gauge Settings

Post by megajuz3003 »

does anyone have the standard settings for the Fuel Gauge resistance, after reprograming my cluster it only takes 15l to go from empty to almost full so I have no idea how much fuel is in the tank :lol: prefer if they are from a VU SS, not sure if there is a difference between body styles
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: VU Cluster Fuel Gauge Settings

Post by Tazzi »

The VU fuel configurations are actually a bit odd. None of the factory calibrations in tech2 seem to actually work. What did you select?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
megajuz3003
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:47 am
cars: 2001 VU SS
Location: Brisbane

Re: VU Cluster Fuel Gauge Settings

Post by megajuz3003 »

Umm I used body diagnostics, i just selected wagon/ute from the dropdown. The cluster came from a v6 sedan so quite a lot got changed to go into a v8 ute, I was going to try and work out what went wrong and msg you about it
Vampyre
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:02 am
cars: grand am, trans am

Re: VU Cluster Fuel Gauge Settings

Post by Vampyre »

does your gauge read straight off the tank or run through pcm
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: VU Cluster Fuel Gauge Settings

Post by Tazzi »

megajuz3003 wrote:Umm I used body diagnostics, i just selected wagon/ute from the dropdown. The cluster came from a v6 sedan so quite a lot got changed to go into a v8 ute, I was going to try and work out what went wrong and msg you about it
Body Diagnostics has loaded in it all the latest calibrations from the Tech2. I did have a picture of a VU fuel setup once upon a time... will be stored away on the R&D laptop.


Ahh, found it. See how it indicates 'unknown', which was read from a VU ute cluster
VU ute fuel map.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VU Cluster Fuel Gauge Settings

Post by delcowizzid »

My wagon says unknown too don't know what the 3 window came out of I changed a few things way back with arrow software but not the fuel cal.something doesn't match my model though cause I'm buggered if I can get the traction light to work lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
megajuz3003
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:47 am
cars: 2001 VU SS
Location: Brisbane

Re: VU Cluster Fuel Gauge Settings

Post by megajuz3003 »

Tazzi wrote:
megajuz3003 wrote:Umm I used body diagnostics, i just selected wagon/ute from the dropdown. The cluster came from a v6 sedan so quite a lot got changed to go into a v8 ute, I was going to try and work out what went wrong and msg you about it
Body Diagnostics has loaded in it all the latest calibrations from the Tech2. I did have a picture of a VU fuel setup once upon a time... will be stored away on the R&D laptop.


Ahh, found it. See how it indicates 'unknown', which was read from a VU ute cluster
VU ute fuel map.JPG

ahh when I read my original cluster it came up as sedan, so that's another thing that points me to it not being the genuine cluster, (the guage never read properly between 3/4 and full ) but I did find a screen shot of the new clusters settings I took when I did it,

biggest issue I have now is trying to change it, I cant afford to renew my subscription atm :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megajuz3003
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:47 am
cars: 2001 VU SS
Location: Brisbane

Re: VU Cluster Fuel Gauge Settings

Post by megajuz3003 »

I think I see the problem

Code: Select all

                      Empty         1/4             1/2           3/4           Full
------------------------------------------------------------------
Delta		          |----35----||----22-----||----58----||----58----|

Current		57             92              114            172         230
STD			98             159            189            223         245

Delta		         |----61-----||----30---||---- 34----||----22----|
Last edited by megajuz3003 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: VU Cluster Fuel Gauge Settings

Post by Tazzi »

megajuz3003 wrote:ahh when I read my original cluster it came up as sedan, so that's another thing that points me to it not being the genuine cluster, (the guage never read properly between 3/4 and full ) but I did find a screen shot of the new clusters settings I took when I did it,

biggest issue I have now is trying to change it, I cant afford to renew my subscription atm :cry:
Send me a message mate
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
megajuz3003
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:47 am
cars: 2001 VU SS
Location: Brisbane

Re: VU Cluster Fuel Gauge Settings

Post by megajuz3003 »

Looks like the new values have it, it says I have just under 1/4 of a tank now so it should be right, so I'll put another 20l in it and see if it gives me half it tells me