WH Statesman radio PIN number

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

WH Statesman radio PIN number

Post by psyolent »

Howdy

I picked up a WH Statesman radio today, I have the VIN and Holden want $72 to give me the PIN. I don't know if the radio works.
I'll set it up on the bench tonight and see if it tells me 'code' but, is there a way this can be found?

It wasn't in the books with the car, although, numerous roadworthies and other personal details of the person who used to own the car were, but, I'm not going down that route of ringing them and asking if they know, given, the car had police tape through it.

Guessing that I can't read this from Tunerpro as theres no real ALDL connection to the radio ....

Thoughts very appreciated, thanks heaps!
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: WH Statesman radio PIN number

Post by Charlescrown »

I am sure someone with a Tech2 can read it for you. Just thought it needs to be in the car to do that.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: WH Statesman radio PIN number

Post by psyolent »

I wouldn't think you could read it via Tech2, the only thing it has (connection BCM wise) is a violet wire which is 'Priority' and Power On and Antenna up /down
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: WH Statesman radio PIN number

Post by Dylan »

Ring a Holden dealership in another state, say you're Bryan from South xxxx (random city) small mechanics you pulled the battery and need the code. Works over the phone every time.
User avatar
pman92
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Castlemaine, Vic

Re: WH Statesman radio PIN number

Post by pman92 »

Ring another dealership and say your a mechanic who changed a battery.
Or I think there was a page on Holdens website to email them once
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: WH Statesman radio PIN number

Post by vlad01 »

I never head of them charging for it, must be the dealer?

I just asked and got it, no questions asked.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: WH Statesman radio PIN number

Post by psyolent »

jeez. who knows.
well it works on the test bench ; wants a code anyway :)
8BC68628-A338-48FB-98CE-36B9B5F6BA25_zps0hdglgel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: WH Statesman radio PIN number

Post by vlad01 »

looks pretty clean.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: WH Statesman radio PIN number

Post by psyolent »

i VSH OCD'd it. it was a bit grubby. just need to find the flamin PIN.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: WH Statesman radio PIN number

Post by psyolent »

interesting.
http://www.eurovox.com.au/downloads/Sec ... t%20V7.pdf
worth a shot. 25 bucks
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.