antus wrote:I used to have 4 bitcoins, then mt.gox were hacked and I lost nearly all. But still have a small fraction of one which in the current market is worth more than my initial investement. I also used to do ASIC mining. What currency are you looking at?
Ahhhh, I read about that. Looks like alot of people have been able to be reimbursed by following some documentation, was reading on one of the forums about it. Where people were able to process the claim (or claim it?) using the exchange Kraken or something like that.
As for coins, Iv been floating around a few different ones including Zcash, zencash, intensecoin, hush, bitcoin cash ect.
Everything Iv been mining are 'alternative' coins which can be mined with GPUs, since the algorithms/coin are ASIC resistant. Mining bitcoin is flatout not profitable without using an ASIC. I always use wallet installed onto one of my own laptops. Dont trust the whole online system at reading stories like mt.gox
On my actual rig, I have two USBs, one with a linux setup, another with windows10. Both have their merits and both can be checked remotely. Funny enough, windows10 is using basically same power but has at least 15% better rate with the gpus, which I think comes down to newer drivers on windows.
Joining the correct pool, and using suitable miner program makes a big difference. And online calculators are usually wrong, estimates for my cards would be only $7 per day per card, but Im basically doing double that.. so cant trust everything stated online. You also are rewarded when you find a 'block' of transactions, which gives you normally a good $10-$50 bonus.
Im finding it to be a bit of fun.. playing around with bits and bobs. Should be able to stack up to 6 on one rig so next 3 will be up soon.
