Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Tried the portable one, same thing, double click and nothing happens
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

did you get the ESR version of portable for winXP?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Yes, I got he right one.

I can launch any exe or otherwise fine except when its a browser other than ie.

Tested NFS5, works good.

I would be great if I could get vulkan on this, but looks like it has to come with the GPU drivers and since the latest driver predates almost a decade it doesn't have it. From what I have googled I can't see how to add it separately.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

vs ss wrote:The hole was always 57mm towards the passenger side and 57 mm down from the middle of the main harness. I'm pretty sure it's in the paper work somewhere.

Turns out there is a dimple at this location for drilling, but.... the firewall is too low relative to the body and much of that is blocked by the firewall locating groove in the body. Looked at the other 2 cars and they do have room, so this one just had the firewall fitted lower down. I can just drill about 5-8mm higher and should be good.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Sent an old accelerator cable to Retro Spares, aka auto cables in Melbourne so they can make me some new cables plus provide me with clutch and handbrake cables.

My PS rack should be done and to pick up Monday.

Ordered 10 pairs of C pillar moulds to sell and keep a set spare for my VP S, there will be in the high res white nylon, the carbon fiber stuff didn't work out like I hoped, way too porous and layers are easy to pick apart, none of these issues on the pure nylon. Stiffness was about the same so no advantage. Very light though, good for drones and alike.

Gathering up all my stuff to be e-coated and zinc plated. Including the seat belt hardware as I will be sending those to Perth for re-webbing as soon as the anchor brackets are e-coated, mine were a bit rusty.

Picked up one of 2 front NOS bumpers from work. So seems I have cleaned out all supply of them haha. Got enough to cover each car and a spare.

Hopefully Monday I can drop of all my stuff and bolts for the Delta coatings in Dandenong.

Progress is progress.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Belts are all out. Going to cut off the brackets and add them to the pile to e-coat. Just need to take note which go where and which way before I remove them.

Hardware is gathered for zinc plating.


IMG_2389.JPG



Removed the console and the last of the auto shit.

IMG_2390.JPG




Put it away where it belongs.

IMG_2391.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

steady on. don't throw that automagical goodness out!
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

nah it's shit, I leaned it not worth keeping or selling as no one wants it, not even free.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

Don’t throw it !!! I’l come get it in 2-3 years !
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

:lol:

Sounds like 2 people I know.