Any Kodi Box Guru's On Here?

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
D_gee
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Re: Any Kodi Box Guru's On Here?

Post by D_gee »

One more tip for watching movies. Go thru your settings and set kodi so it automaticly choses the highest quality source and automaticly plays. Other wise u can be there for a while picking thru them if one doesnt seem to work etc.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Any Kodi Box Guru's On Here?

Post by Dylan »

I've installed what I think is called a build, much better now. Sort of like a normal TV and it done it all itself.
D_gee
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Re: Any Kodi Box Guru's On Here?

Post by D_gee »

Wont take you long to figure it out lol
L67PSI
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:27 am
cars: L67 VT Calais

Re: Any Kodi Box Guru's On Here?

Post by L67PSI »

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3. Downloaded OpenElec and put onto microSD. It's the same as Kodi v17.3. I still find the Exodus addon works well. Too many others disappear overnight.
D_gee
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Re: Any Kodi Box Guru's On Here?

Post by D_gee »

I thought exodus was done. Looks like i need to install again. Good addon!
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Any Kodi Box Guru's On Here?

Post by Jayme »

lol I think you guys are using it a bit differently to me. I have a 4tb network share of movies for the kids, the kodi adds the network share to its library and then downloads the dvd artwork automatically for all of them. never used any add ons :P maybe I should look into it.
D_gee
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Re: Any Kodi Box Guru's On Here?

Post by D_gee »

Jayme wrote:lol I think you guys are using it a bit differently to me. I have a 4tb network share of movies for the kids, the kodi adds the network share to its library and then downloads the dvd artwork automatically for all of them. never used any add ons :P maybe I should look into it.
Definatly look into it! You havnt even started to touch the sides of kodi if your only streaming!
L67PSI
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:27 am
cars: L67 VT Calais

Re: Any Kodi Box Guru's On Here?

Post by L67PSI »

Jayme wrote:lol I think you guys are using it a bit differently to me. I have a 4tb network share of movies for the kids, the kodi adds the network share to its library and then downloads the dvd artwork automatically for all of them. never used any add ons :P maybe I should look into it.
Looks like you are using Kodi as an offline media player, which is ok. But many people use it for online streaming. YouTube might be a good place to start, plenty of tutorials and tips if you're interested.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Any Kodi Box Guru's On Here?

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

This may be off topic, not sure but I got a mxPro 4K box to hopefully update to a newer media player than what I was using but seemed more antiquated even though it played newer codecs h265(smaller file size & higher quality) but think it may be similar to a kodi box?
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: Any Kodi Box Guru's On Here?

Post by Tazzi »

Just used something called terrarium tv at a mates. Never heard of it until Ausday, very easy to use and looks great. Its android based, but can be installed into kodi (Least thats what a quick google said).
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image