Willem "copy" on ebay

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
spectral
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:26 am
cars: VT2 Calais with L67 Ecotec S/C
RN90 Hilux with VT Ecotec V6
Clubman - 4AGE Blacktop

Willem "copy" on ebay

Post by spectral »

Hey guys,
Good site you have going here. Very informative!
I'm throwing a VT V6 into a 2WD Hilux and all I want to do is modify the VATS (turn it off) so I can dump the BCM and also play around with some shift patterns on the box to suit it to a commerical vehicle a bit better. I'll be using the Power/Economy switch to change the shifts to suit when I'm driving normally around town and when I'm towing or hauling etc.

So all pretty basic, and I don't want to do a lot of different performance modifications as the engine will remain stock for now.

So I'm looking for a programmer and really would like the GQ-4X (or even the 3X), but for what is basically a one-off use, I thought it might be a bit excessive. On ebay there is a "Willem copy" programming for around $17 from China (plus postage!)... looks to be simiar to the dual-power. Has anyone used these before, will they do the job I want, or should I just stump up the extra $80-$100 for a 3X/4X?

Considing the "merchants" that sell the V6 conversion want $425 for a "BCM simulator", I'm still ahead dollars wise by far doing it myself!

Thanks guys
Paul.
User avatar
Doctor Bob
Posts: 195
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:58 pm
cars: VN, VT
Location: Melbourne Vic.

Re: Willem "copy" on ebay

Post by Doctor Bob »

The BCM Sim sold by V6 Conversions does a lot more than simulate the Vats.
does Fan & warning light control etc, also has a built in data interface for checking things out.
without the BCM you wont get any data from the PCM.

The copied programmer will probably do the job for you.

Rob
spectral
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:26 am
cars: VT2 Calais with L67 Ecotec S/C
RN90 Hilux with VT Ecotec V6
Clubman - 4AGE Blacktop

Re: Willem "copy" on ebay

Post by spectral »

Thanks Rob.

I have a few questions about the fan control... but I'll start a thread in the Holden ECUs forum for them :)