Hi Guys,
I just used a 12V supply, same issue.
I confirmed that VCC is 5V, VPP is 12 V with refrence to VCC, I get this with both the USB supply and the 12V supply pack. I guess the voltage multiplyer is working on the PCB.. Thats something
Current Rides:
The Daily: BA XR6 Turbo
The Scary One: Supercharged V6 Gemini 10psi
The Cruiser: 1966 XR Fairmont V8
The Two Wheeler: Honda XR250R
The Wifes: VZ Wagon
Have you tried it on another computer or tried changing the irq etc of your printer port in your computers bios
I know i have had a few issues with windows sharing irq's causing odd problems
before usb was introduced it was a big drama.
I even used to disable com ports in the bios to free up irq's
Did you find the answer to this problem. I had exactly the same problem. Couldn't fix it no matter what I did or changed.
Ended up using a new programmer and PC combination and is fine now, but still would like to know why.
Sounds like I had the same fix as you, picked up a new burner, worked first time, never missed a beat. I'm guessing it was just faulty Willem unit. I replaced a few board chips too, still no joy, so it can gather dust until I throw it out