Yeah, here's the starting pic that was originally posted above..Holden202T wrote:blue/black varajet manifold cut and shut i assume ? looks pretty cool
Hand made Stuff
-
Ken
- Posts: 238
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 pm
Re: Hand made Stuff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Hand made Stuff
very cool, did it ever run on the car ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Ken
- Posts: 238
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 pm
Re: Hand made Stuff
Not yet, the car is being partial resto'd atm, cancer started popping up, paint got a tad sad so I let the rego expire & am doing work on it bit at a time.
The donk's done a hard 230,000, will be freshened & running the manifold then, Iv'e still got to make the dual gas mixers for it as well..
The donk's done a hard 230,000, will be freshened & running the manifold then, Iv'e still got to make the dual gas mixers for it as well..
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Hand made Stuff
so what was the reason for modifying that manifold, so you can use a blue/black head ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Ken
- Posts: 238
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 pm
Re: Hand made Stuff
Yeah, the motor that I've had in it for the last 18 years has been a VH commo donk with cam, comp & other mods..Holden202T wrote:so what was the reason for modifying that manifold, so you can use a blue/black head ?
After realizing how detrimental to the tune the red manifolds were 24-5 odd years ago, I figured I'd never use a red head or manifold again.
Here it sits collecting dust in the workshop awaiting some tlc.
Remember that accident my son had in march 2014, I was in Sydney at the time, been there a month, planned to come home in june to start building a house on land I'd bought in 2011, though the accident put all the family off their feet for 2 - 3 months, that put me behind a couple of years, literally...
The week before the accident, I picked up a 120 thou k old blue std 202 to rebuild, & a 173 small chamber head to make a start on the motor that manifold was built for.
I've since built the house which again has (and still is) put me behind, I had to get my whitecard & builders license to help another licensed builder mate build the house..
That's why I've not been here much since I joined..
I had to get this:- And this:- To turn this:- Into this:-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Hand made Stuff
nice house man, definitely worth the wait for the motor 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Ken
- Posts: 238
- Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 pm