Help Learning TIG
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Help Learning TIG
Not bad at all considering the time you've had it. What sort of machine did you get?
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Help Learning TIG
I think my experience with oxy welding is definitely good prep for tig, especially working with the puddle, tig is certainly faster though 
I got this tig
http://www.unimig.com.au/product/unimig-200-acdc/
I got this tig
http://www.unimig.com.au/product/unimig-200-acdc/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Help Learning TIG
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERYx1xEpcK4[/youtube]
Good intro tig welding video. This guy specialises in building turbo kits, does some awesome work and a gun at tuning too.
Good intro tig welding video. This guy specialises in building turbo kits, does some awesome work and a gun at tuning too.
-
madmaxisback
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:56 am
- cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina - Location: Perth
-
madmaxisback
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:56 am
- cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina - Location: Perth
Re: Help Learning TIG
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z86cWH6ZFTA[/youtube]
Nice info I had saved and found helpful
Nice info I had saved and found helpful
-
oldn64
- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 7:05 am
- cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina
- Location: Country Victoria on a direct road to WINTON
Re: Help Learning TIG
Bloody awesome gear these guys do. I have their mig and love the thing. I need to invest in a tig as some stage and have been saving for this very welder. done well Holden202T.Holden202T wrote:I think my experience with oxy welding is definitely good prep for tig, especially working with the puddle, tig is certainly faster though
I got this tig
The TFS (the fabrication series) is a great series of videos to watch. Jason is very skilled and teaches in a very clear and simple way. is just so refreshing watch, sit down and binge his channel....
hehe
cheers
oldn64
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Help Learning TIG
I can vouch for oxy welding and tig being similar.