Binary difference from recent purchase.

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Ken
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Binary difference from recent purchase.

Post by Ken »

I recently bought a 01227808 ECM for a tune I have to do in the near future, & found it came from a 1.8 Nissan Pulsar..
Before pulling the chip to reuse it in the right memcal for the V6, I ripped the binary from it & found it to differ slightly from the one hosted here.
I did a binary comparison which resulted in:-
Comparing files ALFX4947.BIN and ALFX4947N.BIN
00000002: 0C 05
00000003: CD 30
00000004: 02 00
00000005: 67 B6
2 different programmers gave me the same dump, the old Willem PCB3b & the GQ4x...
ALFX4947.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Binary difference from recent purchase.

Post by delcowizzid »

Some of them are like that couple of the v6 ones had the same bcc number but slight differences like a quick afterthought or fix
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Ken
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Binary difference from recent purchase.

Post by Ken »

Picked up a VP ecu for 10 bucks over the weekend, after pulling the STD chip out to put a chip mount in the memcal, I dumped the contents
of the chip, & again found just a few bytes difference from the one hosted here..

Code: Select all

Comparing files BABR3575.BIN and BABRdump.BIN
00000002: 06 03
00000003: 56 F4
00000005: 36 A2
BABR3575.zip

Also, anyone notice anything wrong with this picture..?
BABR3575.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
pman92
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Castlemaine, Vic

Re: Binary difference from recent purchase.

Post by pman92 »

Ken wrote: Also, anyone notice anything wrong with this picture
"DELOC"
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Binary difference from recent purchase.

Post by vlad01 »

Lmao! hahaha