Hey all,
I’ve been sitting on this beast for 18months waiting for it to become of age for club rego for which it became eligible last week.
Anyhow, my question is, is this trip meter working as it should for a 3 window dash? As per picks only the far right window displays anything. I have 3 window clusters in older and newer models which work fine.
I have checked fuse, checked that the extra plug in the cluster is plugged in , the trip button toggles the far right display so I assume that the switches are working.
Any ideas would be appreciated
VR Clubsport trip meter not working as expected?
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
VR Clubsport trip meter not working as expected?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: VR Clubsport trip meter not working as expected?
Can't really help you with the dash problem other than maybe the 2 windows are dead but it looks very tidy/original.
-
oss96
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:08 am
- cars: 96 Vs ss manual
97 Vs v8 Calais
09 Ve ssv manual
17 vf ssv redline manual - Location: Central Queensland
Re: VR Clubsport trip meter not working as expected?
I just checked my calais in the shed and took a photo (sorry for the bad picture)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
pman92
- Posts: 667
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
- Location: Castlemaine, Vic
Re: VR Clubsport trip meter not working as expected?
I recently seen a VS statesman where a large percentage of the segments didn't work, made a majority of the features unreadable/useless.
Maybe all the segments in the left 2 displays are dead?
Maybe all the segments in the left 2 displays are dead?
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: VR Clubsport trip meter not working as expected?
either dead displays or the mainboard has some issues. You should be able to swap the whole white internal LCD unit over if you have a good spare, if you want the ODO reading you can desolder and swap over the Storage IC.
Gather up some clusters as expect these to become rarer over the years, i have a dozen which ive already used a couple to keep mine going.
Gather up some clusters as expect these to become rarer over the years, i have a dozen which ive already used a couple to keep mine going.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: VR Clubsport trip meter not working as expected?
Ok cool, I've never come across full dead LCD's before, replaced plenty of bled ones.
I've got a couple of clusters on the shelf, I'll swap one out and see, will report back.
I've got a couple of clusters on the shelf, I'll swap one out and see, will report back.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VR Clubsport trip meter not working as expected?
Hey Biggvl, hoping you get my message the other day about the navara!
I have a slight possibility I may have a 3 window cluster around if you want to borrow to test.
That is a SUPER clean ride!
I have a slight possibility I may have a 3 window cluster around if you want to borrow to test.
That is a SUPER clean ride!
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VR Clubsport trip meter not working as expected?
The part no. on mine is 92042488 & is triple window but for v6 so tacho mod would need to be done
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: VR Clubsport trip meter not working as expected?
Thanks VX, yes did get the message about the Nissan, good to hear
I will swap the cluster I have out with mine to test tonight
I will swap the cluster I have out with mine to test tonight
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
0081
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm
- cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy
Re: VR Clubsport trip meter not working as expected?
Very clean especially for red which seems to always fade