Was wondering if there are locations in the .bin files for labeling..
Looking to label some of the files I'm changing so i know what they are when i read them back off the chip. (have multiple eeproms)
I know the different ECU's PCM's have different addressing.
Was thinking of using the production run addresses or something similar, any help greatly appreciated.
Bob
bin labeling?
-
DieselBob
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:43 am
- cars: Isuzu DMax
Alfa Romeo Guilletta - Location: NSW
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: bin labeling?
There is normally a fair bit of space at the end of the cal to add in heaps of info (example, $12 from 0x0DC9 to 0x0FFB). Otherwise you can overwrite the production and date codes.
-
DieselBob
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:43 am
- cars: Isuzu DMax
Alfa Romeo Guilletta - Location: NSW
Re: bin labeling?
Thanks
I'll have a look later tonight
I'll have a look later tonight
-
DieselBob
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:43 am
- cars: Isuzu DMax
Alfa Romeo Guilletta - Location: NSW
Re: bin labeling?
how safe is it to assume that a large portion of the cal thats filled with a 00 pattern is not referenced by the operating system??
as per the example - looked at BPHZ 4474
as per the example - looked at BPHZ 4474
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: bin labeling?
Safe if you pick the end of the cal segment - there will be some tables through the cal that are populated with 0's, they may or may not be used so wouldnt add anything to them. The BPHZ bin has the free space you can use. I think TP5 now supports (or will support) text so might be able to add some comments.
-
DieselBob
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:43 am
- cars: Isuzu DMax
Alfa Romeo Guilletta - Location: NSW
Re: bin labeling?
ok I've had a look at a few bin files mostly 1227808 with differant masks and the same hex addresses are all 00.
so I'm assumibng they have the same function?
so I'm assumibng they have the same function?
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: bin labeling?
On the '808 bins you should have a fair bit of free space below 0x1000. The used portion of the cal segment is generally small in the early bins.
-
DieselBob
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:43 am
- cars: Isuzu DMax
Alfa Romeo Guilletta - Location: NSW
Re: bin labeling?
thanks for the info.
much appreciated
much appreciated