I had this video saved from when my former Boss's car was imported and modified by Mustang Motorsport, and shown on Channel 43. Jump to 7:41 for the section on that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhsR-t2r-f8
RAW's conversion LHD to RHD complying company/people
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: RAW's conversion LHD to RHD complying company/people
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: RAW's conversion LHD to RHD complying company/people
Thanks for all the info everyone, I've sort of looked into the conversion process for the model I'm starting with at least.
I've been told that getting a compliance for year/model you need a discovery package that can be as big as an old school phone book, but you can purchase off other certified RAWS companies (depending on how popular) from $1 to $10,000.
But then been told to get iso9001 certification & continued RAWS compliance can cost $2,000 to $10,000 each year.
So I was hoping someone here had a clearer understanding of all of this.
I've been told that getting a compliance for year/model you need a discovery package that can be as big as an old school phone book, but you can purchase off other certified RAWS companies (depending on how popular) from $1 to $10,000.
But then been told to get iso9001 certification & continued RAWS compliance can cost $2,000 to $10,000 each year.
So I was hoping someone here had a clearer understanding of all of this.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
2013 Dodge Challenger in OZ
O.K. so to update this...
I actually bought it & arrived & cleared customs & quarrantine....WOOHOO!
Driven it the last 2 days with LHD... bit weird & even worse driving manual with my right hand!
I actually bought it & arrived & cleared customs & quarrantine....WOOHOO!
Driven it the last 2 days with LHD... bit weird & even worse driving manual with my right hand!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: RAW's conversion LHD to RHD complying company/people
Nice car. What bits do you need to change it from LHD to RHD?
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: RAW's conversion LHD to RHD complying company/people
Thanks, I think it's pretty cool!
90% of it is parts from the Chrysler 300!
90% of it is parts from the Chrysler 300!
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: RAW's conversion LHD to RHD complying company/people
looks good 
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...