Ok guys i have a few bricked pcm's here that were given to me.
I would like to bring them back to life.
Can i get a good pcm and read the intel flash chip which i think its a 28F400BX with a 44pin Soic Clip.
Then write it on the bad Flash chip??
Unbricking Ls1 Based PCM"S
-
commodorenut
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:50 am
- cars: VY Monaro 427ci SuperCharged
VK Group A LS2 671 Supercharged ( in the build )
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Unbricking Ls1 Based PCM"S
Yes you can
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Unbricking Ls1 Based PCM"S
I have recovered a few without removing the flash chip.
-
commodorenut
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:50 am
- cars: VY Monaro 427ci SuperCharged
VK Group A LS2 671 Supercharged ( in the build )
Re: Unbricking Ls1 Based PCM"S
Thanx DylanDylan wrote:Yes you can
I was hoping i didnt have to remove the flash chip
-
commodorenut
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:50 am
- cars: VY Monaro 427ci SuperCharged
VK Group A LS2 671 Supercharged ( in the build )
Re: Unbricking Ls1 Based PCM"S
Did you used a soic clip or solder wires?Dylan wrote:I have recovered a few without removing the flash chip.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Unbricking Ls1 Based PCM"S
I have software that isn't commercial. It doesn't always recover.
If it needs the flash chip removed I sender to another guy who can do it quick and very reasonably priced.
If it needs the flash chip removed I sender to another guy who can do it quick and very reasonably priced.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Unbricking Ls1 Based PCM"S
Mcumall make a great DSOP adaptor for around $40US and the actual flash chips are quite cheap too. If you brought an adaptor a few spare flash chips wouldn't hurt.
-
commodorenut
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:50 am
- cars: VY Monaro 427ci SuperCharged
VK Group A LS2 671 Supercharged ( in the build )
Re: Unbricking Ls1 Based PCM"S
I have plenty of Soic clips and plenty of programmers here,
Might give it a go on the weekend.
Was just curious if i had to remove the chip or not
Might give it a go on the weekend.
Was just curious if i had to remove the chip or not
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Unbricking Ls1 Based PCM"S
If you need a file to burn PM me I have stock files in .bin format
-
commodorenut
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:50 am
- cars: VY Monaro 427ci SuperCharged
VK Group A LS2 671 Supercharged ( in the build )
Re: Unbricking Ls1 Based PCM"S
I have a bunch of bin files here,
If i do need one, ill let you know
If i do need one, ill let you know