Evening gents,
Got a guy that has a stock car that has a “stage 1” mace cam in it
Now he wants to go carb so is having the loom made up atm.
My job is to get the ecu running correctly and although I do MAF and GM flash based tuning,
doing a ecotec that’s no longer fuel injected is new to me.
So just to confirm, the maf is being tossed away and all injected associated wiring
We are going to go with a VS pcm and custom loom.
Tune wise I’m hoping with the maf disconnected it will always read 0 mgc
Therefore I should be left with a 2d table of just rpm
(I’m hoping it doesn’t get thrown into limp mode and run on a backup table)
What else should I be worried about?
TIA
Carby ecotec
-
hsv08
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
- cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Carby ecotec
Wouldn't it be easier with a 808 ecu?
-
hsv08
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
- cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜
Re: Carby ecotec
I did want to go that way but then remembered that the ignition timing on a stock 808 was far to much for an ecotec let alone with cam.
I’m not sure what’s best to go with. I though atleast with ecotec the tune can stay somewhat the same but remain 2d timing just like an old distributor type setup
I’m not sure what’s best to go with. I though atleast with ecotec the tune can stay somewhat the same but remain 2d timing just like an old distributor type setup
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Carby ecotec
you can always change the spark as needed. Anyway, BLCD has very lame timing anyway, probably not enough for a cam'd ecotec.
-
hsv08
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
- cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜
Re: Carby ecotec
Ok cool, and the ignition timing should track the 0mgc colomn and not go into a backup timing mode with maf disconnected?vlad01 wrote:you can always change the spark as needed. Anyway, BLCD has very lame timing anyway, probably not enough for a cam'd ecotec.
Edit: just relised blcd is 12p
-
pman92
- Posts: 667
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
- Location: Castlemaine, Vic
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Carby ecotec
without the maf it'l still run, it will use the Default table to simulate MAF G/S and then generate Cylair as well. So you can change the values in there to help tune it a bit.
Default Airflow Vs RPM & TPS %
Default Airflow Vs RPM & TPS %
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
hsv08
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
- cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜
Re: Carby ecotec
I just found out the guy whom I am doing it for has already paid for the loompman92 wrote:Why not use an 808, use a map sensor and get a 3d table?
Setup. So can’t really chnage to an 808 now.
Although I really wish I could.
-
hsv08
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
- cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜
Re: Carby ecotec
Thanks the1The1 wrote:without the maf it'l still run, it will use the Default table to simulate MAF G/S and then generate Cylair as well. So you can change the values in there to help tune it a bit.
Default Airflow Vs RPM & TPS %
So by looking at that table I can change whatever I blocks I need to them I’ll have some idea where the timing may be
Ie anything over 4000rpm and 50% tps will be using the timing in the 52-70g/cyl on the low octane timing map?
So I’ll still kind of have 3D timing?
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Carby ecotec
i think over 4800rpm will use the 4800rpm value and over 50% tps will use the last value read from that MAF table which will peg the cylair to a value. It will still all be 3d as per normal.