Carby ecotec

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Carby ecotec

Post by Jayme »

jsut remember by using carby you will probably lose the TPS as well which sorta stuffs the idea of using the default RPM vs TPS table for tuning spark.

seriously use an 808, you are going to get shit results otherwise with no MAF and no TPS. you can get 808 loom and ecu for next no nothing and most of it plugs straight into an ecotec, except for MAT and CTS, neither of which you really need for a spark only setup anyways. I have run an 808 spark only with no TPS no CTS and no MAT so I know it works fine, and with the MAP sensor plugged in you get a full 3d table and drives like a dream.
cant say the same about ecotec ecu... it will be terrible if it works at all.
Ken
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Carby ecotec

Post by Ken »

Not trying to go against the general consensus here by posting this, though if it's a Holley carb you're running, you can get a tps for a Holley
User avatar
hsv08
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜

Re: Carby ecotec

Post by hsv08 »

Jayme wrote:jsut remember by using carby you will probably lose the TPS as well which sorta stuffs the idea of using the default RPM vs TPS table for tuning spark.

seriously use an 808, you are going to get shit results otherwise with no MAF and no TPS. you can get 808 loom and ecu for next no nothing and most of it plugs straight into an ecotec, except for MAT and CTS, neither of which you really need for a spark only setup anyways. I have run an 808 spark only with no TPS no CTS and no MAT so I know it works fine, and with the MAP sensor plugged in you get a full 3d table and drives like a dream.
cant say the same about ecotec ecu... it will be terrible if it works at all.

I’ve talked him into going 808. So we will go that way :)

Much easier then going MAF
Didn’t even think of TPS scenario

So that we can get our load axis by rpm and map that will give me much better resolution!

Anything else I need to think about when running it on an 808?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Carby ecotec

Post by Holden202T »

pretty much just need to change the CTS to the right one, and link the injectors, other than that its pretty much an easy deal ... or get an 808 wiring loom and mod it to suit.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Carby ecotec

Post by The1 »

yeh no TPS wont help, no MAF will give you no auto tuning as such, with 808 and map you'l still retain 3d and auto tuning. Post some pics with the carby on it please :P
User avatar
hsv08
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜

Re: Carby ecotec

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:yeh no TPS wont help, no MAF will give you no auto tuning as such, with 808 and map you'l still retain 3d and auto tuning. Post some pics with the carby on it please :P
Once I’ve sorted the ecu for the customer I’ll ask him for some pictures!
Thanks for the advice. I’m sure I’ll be asking a few more qeustions yet as it’s dark territory for me with 808’s