265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
User avatar
oldn64
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 7:05 am
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina
Location: Country Victoria on a direct road to WINTON

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by oldn64 »

heff0018 wrote:Ha it was going great until I snapped a compression ring. The guy from hemi265.com has posted me another one which I hope turns up on Friday.
oh dear :( that does not sound great, how did that happen? Great to here you are at least still plugging along with it :)

cheers
oldn64
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

All I can say is Its not a good idea rechecking ring gaps late at night after consuming numerous beers.

AnywAy the replacement ring arrived today, the last piston is installed and I will buttoning up the rest of the motor tomorrow.

Cheers
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Charlescrown »

I can remember long time ago I was putting a 454 with super slim rings together and it was due to be freighted to the NT the following day and guess what. Yes ring snapped and the boss was livid. I had a close look at the ring and found a small inclusion that looked like a small ball and it's right where the ring snapped but it didn't help because we had to get another set flown out from the states.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

To turn a negative into a positive at least I now know at what point of twist a ring will snap
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Motors back in and bolted up to the trans, should be running again soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Charlescrown »

What's the cogged wheel on the front of the crank for? Ignition trigger?
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Nothing, its just an old timing chain sprocket I use to run the motor over with.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Charlescrown »

Brain teaser.
User avatar
oldn64
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 7:05 am
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina
Location: Country Victoria on a direct road to WINTON

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by oldn64 »

Charlescrown wrote:What's the cogged wheel on the front of the crank for? Ignition trigger?
heff0018 wrote:Nothing, its just an old timing chain sprocket I use to run the motor over with.
Glad someone asked teh question as I was sitting here going, errr that is a timing gear what is it doing on the outside of the timing case..... then I noticed that the pulleys were installed on the in car shot and though ok, temporary or you worked out it needed to be on the inside :P

Looking good so far, hopefully it will go grrr soon.

Need video of the initial start :D

cheers
oldn64
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Fitted up the alternator and clearance to the power steering pump is all good. Glad I took measurements before pullling the motor out.

Just waiting on a new rocker cover gasket that is on back order.