Ford Falcon AU 1999

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
cobra679
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:38 am
cars: Ford Falcon AU 1999

Ford Falcon AU 1999

Post by cobra679 »

Hi,

I'm very new to this and would like to get started by reading the chips on my ford falcon au 1999 ecu and bcm. Just wondering what hardware and software would I need to read these chips. End goal is to disable the smart shield or modify it and unlock its secrets so I can start the damn thing. I'm pretty sure I stuffed the transponder in the key when I was messing around with a Chinese clone zed-bull.

Thanks for your help

Please be kind
User avatar
pman92
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Castlemaine, Vic

Re: Ford Falcon AU 1999

Post by pman92 »

Is it a series 1 or 2?
Being 1999 it should be series 1.
Does it have a "smartshield" decal/sticker on the rear quarter windows?

If it is series 1 and doesn't have a smartsheild decal, I believe it will use "smartlock" not "smartshield" (older security system used since EB).

Ive made modules to bypass the smartlock system:
https://ebay.com.au/itm/202442159006

I believe they will work on AU series 1 with smartlock but I have never had the chance to test one to know for sure.

I'll give you a discount on one if you're interested, and you can let me know if it works or not.

If it has smartsheild then it definitely won't work so we won't bother.

Thanks
cobra679
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:38 am
cars: Ford Falcon AU 1999

Re: Ford Falcon AU 1999

Post by cobra679 »

Yeah unfortuntaly it's got smartshied. I ordered 2 blank transponder keys from ebay tonight. So ill program via forscan and get it running again. (i hope)