VP V6 Calais
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
Will do thanks delco
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VP V6 Calais
Be careful with this, we did the same on my brothers turbo setup, ends up sucking too much into the front of the turbo under boost, was blowing craploads of smoke, put the hose into a coke bottle and it stopped! (then got a proper catch can)Comcal76 wrote:Vents to atmosphere for now but will be plumbed before turbo.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
Thanks for the info 
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
I have set IAC steps to 10 but haven't been driving yet because I have no wheels on, I have been restoring them back to there former glory.
Before After
Before After
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
0081
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm
- cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy
Re: VP V6 Calais
Nice work what was the process you used to get them looking that good?
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
Removal of clear coating on the chrome only I used wet and dry 180 grit until all clear was removed.
Time to remove the scratches the 180 grit left behind i started with 320 then 800 sand paper was dry then i finished off with 1500 wet you can use 2000 or finer if you want.
Now the black I used a chux heavy duty scourer pads all you want to do is rough up the clear to give the new clear something to stick too, time to give the wheels a wash and let dry.
Now it's time to polish the metal I use autosol tube stuff now you see all that hard work sanding pay off, once you finished polishing it's time to wash and let dry again now put the wheels where your going to clear coat them, and give them a wipe over with grease and wax remover and lint free cloth.
Clear coat time I just use 2k high gloss clear coat purchased from a automotive paint supplier's I used 2 cans on all 4 wheels. ( Wear a approved safety mask when spraying this stuff )
My total cost was only $150 much cheaper than new wheels.
Time to remove the scratches the 180 grit left behind i started with 320 then 800 sand paper was dry then i finished off with 1500 wet you can use 2000 or finer if you want.
Now the black I used a chux heavy duty scourer pads all you want to do is rough up the clear to give the new clear something to stick too, time to give the wheels a wash and let dry.
Now it's time to polish the metal I use autosol tube stuff now you see all that hard work sanding pay off, once you finished polishing it's time to wash and let dry again now put the wheels where your going to clear coat them, and give them a wipe over with grease and wax remover and lint free cloth.
Clear coat time I just use 2k high gloss clear coat purchased from a automotive paint supplier's I used 2 cans on all 4 wheels. ( Wear a approved safety mask when spraying this stuff )
My total cost was only $150 much cheaper than new wheels.
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
I've been driving the car for the last two days and it no longer stalls thanks delco and Vlad for your help.
Just done the 500km oil & filter change do you think i should start turning up the boost yet (current boost 6psi) or should I wait until after the 1000km oil change.
Just done the 500km oil & filter change do you think i should start turning up the boost yet (current boost 6psi) or should I wait until after the 1000km oil change.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: VP V6 Calais
Nothing seats rings like boost lol we go straight out and hit big numbers on the vb straight after new bearings fitted you'll be fine unless you are waiting for the ring gaps to get bigger lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: VP V6 Calais
Time to turn up the boost it is then 
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: VP V6 Calais
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem