VP V6 Calais

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Comcal76
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
Location: Tasmania

Re: VP V6 Calais

Post by Comcal76 »

Not that much yet haha but I do have this already
1540208725032-983544343.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VP V6 Calais

Post by delcowizzid »

We still have a 3bar and a part made 12p tune having had time to finish it so still running the 2bar to 20psi lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Comcal76
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
Location: Tasmania

Re: VP V6 Calais

Post by Comcal76 »

I only brought the 3bar because the max boost I wanted to run was 18 psi and i was told bye a tuner that the 2bar can only be tuned to 14.7 psi and here you are running 20 psi lol, the tuner also told me he can tune anything and i said i want to keep the factory ECM and he said he can't tune that lol.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VP V6 Calais

Post by Holden202T »

you make the last row of the boost table rich enough to handle the max boost, it will do it, it just means between 15psi and 18psi it might be a bit rich, but more than likely that will be a second or two at most, generally when they come on boost it climbs pretty quick to full boost.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VP V6 Calais

Post by delcowizzid »

Yeah and can tweak the 14psi common in the rpm ranges as it builds to not go too stupid rich we've been up to 24psi on the 2bar
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Comcal76
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
Location: Tasmania

Re: VP V6 Calais

Post by Comcal76 »

Holden202T wrote:you make the last row of the boost table rich enough to handle the max boost, it will do it, it just means between 15psi and 18psi it might be a bit rich, but more than likely that will be a second or two at most, generally when they come on boost it climbs pretty quick to full boost.
Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me I very much appreciate it :thumbup:
Comcal76
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
Location: Tasmania

Re: VP V6 Calais

Post by Comcal76 »

delcowizzid wrote:Yeah and can tweak the 14psi common in the rpm ranges as it builds to not go too stupid rich we've been up to 24psi on the 2bar
I can just see myself walking down the road picking up peices of my gearbox if I run 24psi haha.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VP V6 Calais

Post by delcowizzid »

We smashed a lot of t5s never to the point of sweaping them up off the ground though lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Comcal76
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
Location: Tasmania

Re: VP V6 Calais

Post by Comcal76 »

When my transmission dies I reckon I'll do a t56 conversion, I would like to keep the 4l60 but I've read they are expensive to build.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VP V6 Calais

Post by vlad01 »

def go for the t56. 4l60/e are a money pit, they still blow up easy enough when built.