Playing with 2008 ve v8 for the first time

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Playing with 2008 ve v8 for the first time

Post by delcowizzid »

So I had a mate ask if I can do anything to his ve v8 cause it goes into protection mode when he tries to have any fun at car events .so I plugged in my avt852 and fired up winflash and sucked out the tune and tcm tune and brought them home to have a look around with at my leisure any tips and pointers to let this thing do a deceint skid without throwing its toys out the cot and packing a sad lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: Playing with 2008 ve v8 for the first time

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Did you want to post the files up & can have a look & tweak if possible!

What mods has it got?
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Playing with 2008 ve v8 for the first time

Post by delcowizzid »

Stock with exhaust I'll get them off my laptop today and post them up e38 pcm and t43 Tcm is what I read the modules as I just winged it while I was out doing another job didn't even know if my avt was going to do the job so learning as I go lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Playing with 2008 ve v8 for the first time

Post by Jayme »

I heard you have to change the torque limiters to stop the auto hating you.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Playing with 2008 ve v8 for the first time

Post by delcowizzid »

heres the 2 files
ryans tcm.bin
ryans ve.bin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Playing with 2008 ve v8 for the first time

Post by delcowizzid »

Yeah am just looking through the bin torque reduction for wheel hop and axle protection and clunk and traction control lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Playing with 2008 ve v8 for the first time

Post by Holden202T »

see if theres brake torque limit too .... that one will kill all the fun!