Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by heff0018 »

:thumbup: They come up like brand new. Great to know
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Main thing is not to spend to much time on one spot. Treat it like you are spray painting.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Made this pad to stop the spare from wearing through the paint which usually is what causes the rust common in this area.

IMG_0694.JPG

IMG_0695.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Got a bunch of t5 shifter boot springs made in stainless as I was sick of not having these springs. Lucky I had one to work from.


Got them done by S&S springs in Melbourne. Damn good job :thumbup:


IMG_0701.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Did the fender decals. Had some NOS ones for like 6-7 years and finally have used them. I took all measurements before I removed the old ones prior to paint so I could redo them in the correct location.

IMG_0702.JPG

Bumpers and trimmings are all ready for pickup so hopefully Monday I can pick them up and start finishing the body off.


While I was going through all my NOS mud flaps which where mix and match kits with bits missing here and there I found I was short of the rear mud flap brackets. I was going to scan one I had to make sets by getting new laser cut ones but before doing anything I decided to ebay search just in case and to my surprise I found these.

Talk about luck! and I got it for 12 bucks with a coupon, bargain!
brackets.PNG

Exactly the ones I needed!. I have front ones so I will sand blast them all and repaint in some proper paint and not the rust inducing garbage they used which my NOS ones were already rusting lol. It's just shit 2 dollar shop paint looking at it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Almost a year after the first round of painting. This happen.

IMG_0713.JPG
IMG_0712.JPG
IMG_0711.JPG


Already done all the bits for the rear bumper.


IMG_0718.JPG
IMG_0717.JPG

3D printed c pillar moulds :thumbup:

IMG_0715.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Reo bar.

IMG_0719.JPG

3D printed c pillar moulds :thumbup: Not glued on yet, just a test fit first. Very pleased with this.


IMG_0715.JPG


Fuel flap. With clear coat both sides this time :lol:


IMG_0723.JPG


Rear bumper done ! Just need to do the front.

IMG_0721.JPG
IMG_0722.JPG

ID tag finally painted and now riveted in place, then I was able to finally install that headlight. Might try do the front bar tomorrow and the fuel filler cover now that it has had it's stone guard coating.


IMG_0724.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

Is that a stubbie on the table?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Yes, reference it is.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

Reference, sorry my bad. Been a little to quite lately I've falling behind.

What breed is the reference out of interest?