Hi everyone,
I'm changing my 4l60e in my VR SS to a turbo 350 , does anyone know of a VSS that will suit to give signal for speedo to work ?
Vss
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vss
i looked into this a while back, and i cant remember which one it was, but one of the models had a large VSS that looked like it would go straight into the side of a T350, then you'd just need to swap out the chopper wheels on the output shaft.
BUT i never did it so dont know for sure if it will work.
BUT i never did it so dont know for sure if it will work.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vss
Im doing an LS conversion ATM that has a turbo 400 in a HQ, I am looking for something similar.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
VK_3800
- Posts: 578
- Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
- cars: SS Torana
- Location: NZ
Re: Vss
I thought the VN style VSS screwed straight on to the GM "bullet" that houses the speedo gear, guess it must be a different sized thread?
edit: oops, you're looking for a later reluctor style setup, sorry
edit: oops, you're looking for a later reluctor style setup, sorry
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vss
And a pass through that will allow the stock speedo to work
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vss
I was using a t5 vss in my vr with manual Ecm 12p and th400 if that helps. Screws straight in
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vss
its going to be a different one for the pass through ....
my theory was this ..... with the box I had was the following:
remove it and install this:
and press this onto the shaft:
now I have done similar in the Bedford, its got a VR computer and T700 hydraulic box, so I put a 4l60e extension housing on it and the speed sensor ring and its done, the question will be if the T350 speed sensor hole is the same, if it is I would suggest it will work, you cant use the whole extension housing though as the length is different to a T350.
unfortunately I never got to trying it out before I sold the LS1 & gearbox and went turbo 202
my theory was this ..... with the box I had was the following:
remove it and install this:
and press this onto the shaft:
now I have done similar in the Bedford, its got a VR computer and T700 hydraulic box, so I put a 4l60e extension housing on it and the speed sensor ring and its done, the question will be if the T350 speed sensor hole is the same, if it is I would suggest it will work, you cant use the whole extension housing though as the length is different to a T350.
unfortunately I never got to trying it out before I sold the LS1 & gearbox and went turbo 202
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread