I ask because I'm attempting to create some stepper driven dash gauges for my 1953 GMC project (controlled hopefully by a 0411 PCM). As I work on the design for this project, it occurred to me that I will need to store (in non-volatile memory) the "miles driven" value in my gauge system so it can always be available for displaying on a small lcd. My goal is to try and build some gauges that look as stock as possible, but can communicate with the 12200411 PCM. I'll be using a small microprocessor(s) to control the gauges. That way I can input stock GenIII engine management sensor signals and convert those signals for practical use. Probably an Arduino, or maybe even a PIC.
If the PCM already stores this value, then it's less work for me!
I hope that all made sense.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.
Take care,
David