help with upcoming build

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Built-vs-t5-ute
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:01 am
cars: vz sv6 6 speed (sold)
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Re: help with upcoming build

Post by Built-vs-t5-ute »

I might chuck him a pm. Are these like an added module or something or like a mod for a factory system
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: help with upcoming build

Post by vlad01 »

They are a separate module, you do away with the original DFI module and run this inside the cabin.
Built-vs-t5-ute
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:01 am
cars: vz sv6 6 speed (sold)
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Re: help with upcoming build

Post by Built-vs-t5-ute »

That's awesome. Can it be real time tuned along side the ecu?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: help with upcoming build

Post by vlad01 »

Yes the ECU controls it's timing the same as the factory one does. But it has extra programmable setting and features on board via it's own USB port.
Built-vs-t5-ute
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:01 am
cars: vz sv6 6 speed (sold)
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Re: help with upcoming build

Post by Built-vs-t5-ute »

That's awesome haha. I've sent him a pm and email to see if it's possible to still get one. This would be so much better than the LS driver also available
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: help with upcoming build

Post by vlad01 »

These modules are the bomb. So versatile and capable.

I will def be getting one for myself as well in the future as I plan to drive LS coils on a v6 with 14:1 comp as the standard coils aren't going to cut it at the stock spark gap with those cylinder pressures.
Built-vs-t5-ute
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:01 am
cars: vz sv6 6 speed (sold)
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Re: help with upcoming build

Post by Built-vs-t5-ute »

Yeah I agree. would also allow me to run all six on individual coils for plenty of power and rpm range.
Built-vs-t5-ute
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:01 am
cars: vz sv6 6 speed (sold)
Lexus ls400
Ms137 crown

Re: help with upcoming build

Post by Built-vs-t5-ute »

Hopefully he gets back to me soon so I can get some more details about it and how much he'd want for one