Dud Doodoo wrote:I've been tracking the progress of this tool from several different forums now before I tracked you guys down here...
I just want to say that this development is incredible. It is a breath of fresh air for the DIY community that has, in my opinion, been royally screwed by a lot of the companies that are out there. For the amount of people who do LS swaps there really is no cost effective option to tune the damn thing. Hell, a good number of people switch to a carb because they can't afford an aftermarket ECU and don't feel like they have a better option!
I first have to completely agree with you! This tool being created by some very clever people is going to be a great asset for myself and many others.
Is it possible for you to use an earlier PCM like the 12200411 for your project? From my research, it's a very capable engine management controller. It's the one I'm adapting to a Gen IV BBC for my project. I guess someday I'll shoehorn a real LS into something interesting...
-David
I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
I guess I misunderstood how different the computers would be...but oh well. I'm sure I could get one of these for pennies on the dollar and wiring it in wouldn't be too much of a hassle. If it means I can tune it with a 35 dollar USB cable, count me in!
Its still early days. One of my interfaces has died, but that could be random. The p59 isnt too far different from the 0411 aka p01 so that might follow in the not too distant future. You'll need one of those if you want drive by wire support.
Here is the moment many have been waiting for. The first public beta relase of PCM Hammer with write support!
Note that this is the first public beta test release and almost certainly has at least one issue. Do not use this on your daily driver. Having said that we have written in car and to bench pcms multiple times. Please do jump in and report your experience if you are interested in testing and helping!
This app does leave the write kernel running on the PCM in the event of failure and it is able to re-try with the loaded flash kernel or will detect the factory recovery mode and re-try in the event of a failed flash, power cut to your laptop etc. During early development we have broken and recovered multiple PCMs.
Massive thanks to NSFW for the lions share of the new code, testing this on his car, and to Tazzi for the J2534 DLL and initial support. Also to Pete 160baud for his experience, moral support and help when we needed it. Have fun, have a good new year, and it looks like 2019 is going to be a whole lot of fun! Let us know how you go.
Great work guys this is going to open up a whole new world of tuning for LS based platforms without the need to fork out big bucks for the commercially available tuning software packages.
We may need to set up an LS or 0411 sub section to keep all the relevant info together.
@antus, @NSFW. In theory, this should work for a 4896 ECU as well since its almost the same as a 0411 ECU right? I have a OBDLINK SX tool and two of these ECUs that I can bench test. My main goal is to delete VATS and EGR. Also thank you for ALL your hard work!
It should work for more than just the 411 eventually, but right now we're having some trouble getting the kernel to recognize the flash chips used in other PCMs. We're still working on it though, and I'm sure we'll get it figured out.
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!