VY SS Sedan auto
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
im really happy with this tune. cars driving amazing 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
heres the 074 xdf as well. dont think you can view the tcc settings in the other xdf i posted. although you can always upload the bin into efilive just to have a look anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
I’m in the process of fitting a bbq bottle into the ss. Also been measuring under bonnet temps a bit lately. I ended up cutting two 4” holes in the engine cover, to help heat get out from under it. But it’s still 10deg c hotter then without it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
I fitted some split engine covers to try keep manifold heat soak down, but still hide a bit of the engine. I also noticed in efi live when running v5 cos, that the commanded fuel table is referenced off rpm vs map. Not coolant vs map. So I’ve changed that and added just a tad into the cos fuel multiplier vs coolant.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
Sorry to sound stupid, but it's not a show car is it, I don't understand why you don't ditch the covers all together?
How is the bypass on the system I've seen a lot even with catch can build up a lot of moisture!
How is the bypass on the system I've seen a lot even with catch can build up a lot of moisture!
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
heres the current tune. i need to chuck the wideband back on to check it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
i dont really like the look of the ls1's without engine covers, to be honest. ill be chucking some heat proofing onto the fuel rails soon. ive already paid racecoating's to do my extractors, but gotta find the time to take them back off. the catch can im not sure as i havent checked it. my plans are to switch over to the ls1 vz style pcv system as im aware the older style breaths heavyVX L67 Getrag wrote:Sorry to sound stupid, but it's not a show car is it, I don't understand why you don't ditch the covers all together?
How is the bypass on the system I've seen a lot even with catch can build up a lot of moisture!
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
Ahh cool it's a pretty neat setup & just saw as someone else on the forum made a note of the ryco catch can setup so for the next build I get asked to setup I think I'll start with it!
do you have the original untouched version of that tuned file your working with as it seems pretty neat but always like to compare to stock to see whats changed!
do you have the original untouched version of that tuned file your working with as it seems pretty neat but always like to compare to stock to see whats changed!
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
It’s an efi live cos5. So what I do is just copy everything over from the 285kw hsv’s And then start tuning.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: VY SS Sedan auto
here is the tune files both auto and manual with the xdf files i use
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.