Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

Sounds good
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Cheers :thumbup:

The video is a deeper sound than it really is, it's more crackly sounding. I don't know why but apple phones save out their files with the treble missing but otherwise the sound is there when played back on the phone itself.
Macca97
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:21 am
cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects
Location: Mid North Coast

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Macca97 »

could almost mistaken it for a cammed 202, sounds alot better than expected :)
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

The exhaust guy tells me it sounds like a vl group a. I havn't heard it myself in real life yet.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

vlad01 wrote:The exhaust guy tells me it sounds like a vl group a. I havn't heard it myself in real life yet.
He must be deaf as the V6 engine doesn't produce the double exhaust pulse the V8 has that gives it the distinctive sound/rumble.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Had some issues today.

Exhaust tail pipe needs to be redone as it hits the control arm when going over a bump. He said he would fix that no probs.

I also had the NVRAM corrupt for some reason while driving it to G's shop. Lucky I came prepared with laptop and burner and was able to fit the problem. Managed to get a log on the way home so I need to work on that.

Another issue is the cruise control won't work even though I have quadruple checked everything. Does anyone have the cruise control install manual? I want to see it it will do into diagnostics mode. It has has the dealer retrofit kit added and done to a T. This is really annoying me that it turns on but does nothing.


Last issue I found was a horrible rattle noise from the engine, turned out I had this happen before with painted pulleys. The bolts came loose on the PS pump pulley, thank fuck it was only that :lol:

Drives great, just seems down on power atm as the tune is still a ways to go. Not sure where I should ball park the timing, I have total 26º I am thinking with 10:1 comp and 277 adv by 212 @050 by 109 LSA should be less timing?

With 2 other engines with bigger cams and high comp they both landed at 20-22º total timing but I would love to hear some suggestions.



EDIT: I think I found the cruise control issue. Seems my convertor box might have something to do with it. Although the speedo works my ECU is only logging 8km/h max in the logs. Perhaps the signal is up shit creek where the ECU and cruise aren't detecting the signal. I will try it without the convertor and see at some stage.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

Only thing I can add is cruise doesn't work under 40km/h

If it was a V8 I'd try more timing. I've had a few with LSA of 106-108 and at least 10:1 comp and goinftby the passenger seat ass dyno they like 28-30 degree's timing.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I just reworked the VE table. it was a little lean, about high 13s under load so not the best for making power. Should go a lot better now. I think it probably could do with more timing low to mid but top end should be fine. I found in the log I never went over 5200 rpm, peak power is about 5600 but I need to take it easy at first for the tuning and run in of the engine.


I found the tune for the Kermit V6 Gemini which ran a big cam and 10:1 comp. timing is a lot lower. I remember it gaining a lot of power from getting the timing to around 22º comparing the 2 the low to mid looks the same but mid to top is a lot lower on the Gemini v6.

I guess I can try and copy the table over and see if it goes any better.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

Is it an Ecotec or Buick? If that's the correct term for pre Ecotec?