Jaycar Speedo corrector
-
Kevspec
- Posts: 243
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
- cars: Vs 215i grange
Jaycar Speedo corrector
So I'm installing a jaycar Speedo corrector in my vs tried it before the ecu but cruise control was having a hissy fit so putting it after ecu between cluster I'm on the right pin out c12 but can't get to work now. Anyone had this issue
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Jaycar Speedo corrector
A common problem many have discovered , the new jaycar speedo corrector kit doesn't work to well. Not sure what people are using now.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Jaycar Speedo corrector
It should work once you get it picking up the correct output type
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Kevspec
- Posts: 243
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
- cars: Vs 215i grange
Re: Jaycar Speedo corrector
It worked fine before the ecu but I want it after as it was making the cruise control absolute shit
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Jaycar Speedo corrector
I had to add a pullup resistor before it worked for me after ecu. even then it was jumpy and terrible.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Jaycar Speedo corrector
My VDO corrector works great.
My speedo seems spot on with a 10% correction with diff and tyre size change.
My cruise won't work but I think its unrelated as it didn't work without the corrector either. My ECU is happy as a pig in mud with it and the speedo itself too.
wasn't cheap though, about $400 iirc.
My speedo seems spot on with a 10% correction with diff and tyre size change.
My cruise won't work but I think its unrelated as it didn't work without the corrector either. My ECU is happy as a pig in mud with it and the speedo itself too.
wasn't cheap though, about $400 iirc.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Jaycar Speedo corrector
Out of interest I've used the Dakota digital SGI5E (from memory)
Awesome unit with signal conversion between hall and reluctir both ways with pulse correction. Only $160 from Australian stock last time.
Awesome unit with signal conversion between hall and reluctir both ways with pulse correction. Only $160 from Australian stock last time.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Jaycar Speedo corrector
That looks like a nice unit, just had a look and it's $80 on amazon atm.
-
95VR
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:38 am
- cars: 1995 VRV8
1954 Standard 8
2000 VT L67
Re: Jaycar Speedo corrector
I have a healtech speedohealer unit. Very compact and easily adjusted. gave up on the jaycar units.