shift points

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kevspec
cars: Vs 215i grange

Re: shift points

Post by Kevspec »

immortality wrote:What car/engine drive train mods etc?

Maybe it'll only rev to 5800 under full load.

You also need to remember that it takes time for the trans to shift so you need to give it a couple of hundred rpm margin.

car is a vs grange 215 so far engine is factory just with filter insert and factory fitted extractors, trans is built with 3500 stall and 3.9 trutrac diff.

its got me stumped as all limiters are set well above when it should shift but just seems to hit this random limiter.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

How does it behave on the stock HSV tune?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Is your power button working and are you testing changes with power button on. normal mode has stock wot settings
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Your log shows you lifting off the gas before your requested shift time every time you go wot you are lifting off the gas before it hits the shift speed and then its shifting .the engines also falling over hard at 5800 it's all over
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

The 3-2 downshift solenoid feedback in the status message list is being weird too jumping on and off when the solenoid isn't even being triggered
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Also the rev limiter rpm tables are set back to front
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

So much wierd stuff happening if you look at the transmission only dashboard it says cruise control in active the whole time there should be shift tables for cruise mode as well it could be using those
Kevspec
cars: Vs 215i grange

Post by Kevspec »

the cruise is on but not active it just says its on when its powered. as for lifting on the shift i have to as it just sits at 5800 and had to lift for it to change. also what you mean limiter settings are back to front? and stock hsv tune is junk tcc settings are shit shift pressures are all over the shop and fuel tables are way to rich
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You have the fuel cut and resume rpm backwards the resume should be lower than cut rpm .that tune I sent won't work for some reason none of my changes saved
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i reuploaded the tunes in the other thread with changes saved this time.it doesnt have much hsv stuff in it only the timing table and ve table and a few other bits and peices just to get it to a point to start from.i kept all your shift settings its not getting to your shift settings cause its just falling over up top from richness and probably a lot of timing up top.plus something was a miss with your tune parts that shouldnt have been edited had had random data in them so i would start fresh with a freshly programmed nvram and make sure to use only the ose$11p xdf and adx