It rattled with the single row timing chain as well and when I installed the double row I installed two gaskets because of the clearance issues.
Thanks mate.
Vs l67 rattle high rpm
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vs l67 rattle high rpm
So does the rattle goes away with the blower disconnected?
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: Vs l67 rattle high rpm
Yeah doesn't rattle with supercharger belt disconnected
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vs l67 rattle high rpm
Probably coupling in the SC or something in the SC.
I would try revving it with the SC bypass valve manually opened and see if it still makes noise. That will still let the SC run but without load on it.
I would try revving it with the SC bypass valve manually opened and see if it still makes noise. That will still let the SC run but without load on it.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vs l67 rattle high rpm
Could be the valve that is rattling, have seen pics of those well worn in the bore.
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: Vs l67 rattle high rpm
I tried another complete supercharger with a new coupler and the rattle is still there.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Vs l67 rattle high rpm
Could just be detonation
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: Vs l67 rattle high rpm
I would say your spot ondelcowizzid wrote:Could just be detonation
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vs l67 rattle high rpm
What fuel are you using?
-
Comcal76
- Posts: 182
- Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:18 am
- Location: Tasmania
Re: Vs l67 rattle high rpm
I always run 98