Ls etc tuning
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Ls etc tuning
There’s no info on electronic throttle tuning. First I played with it the throttle stayed open. Anyone have more info on the subject. Or is it just a case of get ready for key off, neutral and the strong leg on un-powered brakes
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Ls etc tuning
lol, scary thing with key off in the case of a moving car is steering lock. At least only keying off one notch is not bad, but imagine in a panic and fully locking the steering

-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Ls etc tuning
They should throw a code and get to reduced power if the throttle opening position doesn't match both channels on the pedal.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Ls etc tuning
Figured out why it was sluggish. Was running off the low octane map. Even after it was out of sd mode. Changed the factory o/s back in and retuned, all good now
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Ls etc tuning
what was the issue with the throttle hanging open??
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Ls etc tuning
An issue with tunerpro xdf I’d say. Never have any issues with the vt to vy’s. Vz though is a different story
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Ls etc tuning
Like Dylan, I was of the opinion that it wasn't possible for the throttle to hang, there's redundant reostats in the pedal and throttle as far as im aware...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Ls etc tuning
I don’t know. If it ever happens again I’ll video it