Vs v8 manual

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
j_ds_au
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:21 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Vs v8 manual

Post by j_ds_au »

Troy wrote:
immortality wrote:Have you changed the checksum to AA ?

Yeah I changed checksum to AA I even just tried burning a $11p v8 bin file with auto codes switched off but still seems not to be working when I started it idled high and engine light lit so don't know what I'm doing wrong
Isn't it the OS ID that gets set to $AA, so as to ignore the checksum? Changing the checksum will only work if it's correct.

Joe.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vs v8 manual

Post by immortality »

Yep.... my bad.

Use 11p and it's done for you :D
Troy
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:02 am
cars: Factory vl v8 wagon
Vl v8 wagon burnout car
Supercharged vt l67 manual

Re: Vs v8 manual

Post by Troy »

immortality wrote:Yep.... my bad.

Use 11p and it's done for you :D
I edited this bin file and tried it but seemed to idle at 2000 rpm and engine light was still on if you don't mind having a quick look for me and see if I done any thing wrong ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vs v8 manual

Post by Holden202T »

it looks like youve set VS anti theft, you will need to use the flash tool and use the ALDL editor to send the VS VATS commands.
binary functions.jpg
See here i have added the VS VATS info into it, also the VS BCM fan if you want that too.
2014-07-03 - aldl config 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.