Well i think the route for the rally is actually closer to 400km per day with one day of rest so it think it well be closer to 3600 km trip up and about 2000 km trip home. Have to service it before i go hopefully that will help.
I plan to take the laptop and the Realtime board to do some tuning on the go. At least it would be good for fault finding any issues.
Well I've made some progress today I've acquired a Bullbar off a wreck so i now have something to bolt the towbar too. Second I've ripped one engine out and almos got the other ready to rock and roll.
But i have a question regarding the VR V6 were they fitted with roller rockers factory?
Well fired up the "Good" engine today, fired first go idled warmed up slower then the other did I just assumed it was due to the leaking head gasket. Took it for a drive and the temperature droped to the Cold mark So i ripped the Thermostat out of the "dead" engine and all good warms up to the seacond mark on the guage and holds even with a bit of hard driving. All looks promising.
Now I can start getting the rest of the thing ready