OBD2 Elm327 generic software

Programs / Tools / Scripts
User avatar
pman92
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Castlemaine, Vic

OBD2 Elm327 generic software

Post by pman92 »

Hi guys,
I'm wondering if there are any good FREE OBD2 windows software for reading DTC's and generic OBD2 data with an ELM327 usb cable.
I've found quite a few paid options on Google.
What do people use or recommend?
Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just read and clear DTC's when an engine light is on.
Cheers
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: OBD2 Elm327 generic software

Post by delcowizzid »

I just bought a konnwei kw808 off wish was sub 50 bucks .so far only tested on a rodeo worked great to read and clear codes and get raw data
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
MudDuck514
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E
Location: North TX, USA

Re: OBD2 Elm327 generic software

Post by MudDuck514 »

Hi all,

pman02: didn't the device come with a mini cd with apps on it?
I had bought 2 ELM cables that did, and they had two apps that seem to work pretty good - Scantool.net for windows v1.13, and Scanmaster ELM.
The Scantool app is fairly simple whereas the Scanmaster app is very thorough in what it can do.
I ended up with a Bluetooth device and a few Android Apps like Torque, as well as these app on a Dell Mini9 Netbook.

Mike
User avatar
jakka
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:51 am
cars: 6FPAAAJGSW9E86101
Location: Aus

Re: OBD2 Elm327 generic software

Post by jakka »

ELM327 is the 56k dialup modem of the Automotive World.