265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

I also wanted to mention that the Siemens injectors give incredibly smooth idle. The tuner was able to get the idle down to 750rpm with a mild cam.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Got to the Whyalla 1/8th mile yesterday, horrible conditions 40 degrees with high northerly winds.

On the bright side 8.3 seconds which is apparently close to pushing into the 12 second 1/4 mile mark.

I just Went back to letting the auto shift by itself as I was having traction problems doing the manual shift without slicks so I know there is a lot more potential in it.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by vlad01 »

:thumbup: :driving:
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

yeah thats about right, i used to do 12.78 over the 1/4 and that was 8.15ish over the 1/8th!

time for slicks and another run in better weather!! :)
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Cheers, I also need to learn how to drive. Ha.

Also Losing a fair bit of coolant as I suspect either the head is lifting under boost and/or the surface finish on the block is not good enough for the MLS head gasket. Fortunately it is not fouling the oil from what I can see. I could feel it slightly missing during the runs which I first thought was maybe the rev limiter activating but now i reckon it may have had something to do with this problem. There is no coolant loss when driving on the street.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Just some update pics from the tailgate rebuild. Pics are in reverse
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

More pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Last bit of welding
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by vlad01 »

Nice work, getting there!
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks Vlad bigger mission than I expected