VZ engine swap not running

For non EFI mechanical discussion
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VZ engine swap not running

Post by delcowizzid »

Madmatt2006 wrote:Do Starlet have same engine as a VZ? in the VZ the easy way to tell early or newer phasers is the Balancer

early = 3 spoke balancer
newer = 5 spoke balancer

that picture looks like the old ones to me.
Haha this starlet does was once 4k 5 speed now has a vz v6 and 4l60e with 4 times the stock power turbo manifolds is next
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VZ engine swap not running

Post by vlad01 »

I can't wait to see the results.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VZ engine swap not running

Post by delcowizzid »

The thought of driving it is starting to scare me now lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VZ engine swap not running

Post by vlad01 »

Nonsense, it will be fun
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VZ engine swap not running

Post by Holden202T »

that is the worst pic even delcowizzid!
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: VZ engine swap not running

Post by Madmatt2006 »

delcowizzid wrote:
Madmatt2006 wrote:Do Starlet have same engine as a VZ? in the VZ the easy way to tell early or newer phasers is the Balancer

early = 3 spoke balancer
newer = 5 spoke balancer

that picture looks like the old ones to me.
Haha this starlet does was once 4k 5 speed now has a vz v6 and 4l60e with 4 times the stock power turbo manifolds is next
OMFG think it would scare me too..... :driving: any pictures? got to see this!!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VZ engine swap not running

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:that is the worst pic even delcowizzid!

Nothing has changed hey, like the good old days :lol:
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VZ engine swap not running

Post by delcowizzid »

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3l9iQ1A-A3 ... avy1x60rpw a few pics on my Instagram more in my giant thread in my rides section on here
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: VZ engine swap not running

Post by Gampy »

Scared hell ... FUN!

That short little thing is going to be squirrely as hell.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VZ engine swap not running

Post by vlad01 »

I reckon it will wheel stand under boost.