Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon
So the travel was 10.5?
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon
Sorry should measure properly, That was without the cup and a snapring, here it is without spring full down upto snapring. So it's 6mm, so perhaps v6 didn't get the lsx updated lifters? I rechecked and both are same
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon
well that's what I've seen as well, the old design used throughout.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon
yeh must have had some old stock to use up
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon
The latest designs have come a long way, so it's a great upgrade without even needing to go aftermarket.
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon
We put the ls7 disk style lifters in the last build they changed the tune big time over stock v6 lifters. We actually got all of the duration of the cam idle was choppy as shit and air fuels were rich down low was a big difference
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon
We did change timing sets too maybe it shifted the cam a little too but you wouldn't think that would chop it up so much https://youtu.be/Ovbyn-Iak04
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon
Nice stuff, so because of the shorter travel and smaller preload do you then need shorter pushrods?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon
Normally yes, mine were slightly shorter than stock after everything was done.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Mrs The1 VX Berlina Wagon
Well i put VT Cam and lifters in, all quiet again and running well, checked oil pump in front cover and chain play and all looks good and within spec, hopefully get a few more k's now out of it.