PCM hammer write failed

They go by many names, P01, P10, P12, P59, E38, VPW, '0411 etc.
User avatar
DavidBraley
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:15 pm
cars: 1948 GMC

Re: PCM hammer write failed

Post by DavidBraley »

Gampy wrote: Huh?
From his log ...
[04.14.30.739] Flash chip: Intel 28F800B, 1mb
I sure would be interested in more about this os 12593058 ... and if you have an unaltered factory bin.
Humm... My notes say that OS 12587603 (from his log, and where I stopped looking... I know, I'm lazy) is for a 2004 AMD 1M flash PCM service # 12586242, hardware # 12583660, DBW P59. I guess the Intel 1M flash did show up in some 2004 P59's? Yikes!

I do not have a 2003 P59 with OS 12593058 here, but my notes say it's for the V8 engine if that helps any. They also say for that OS: Service # 12576106, Hardware # 12570558 (which is DBC).

My notes are mostly stuff I've gathered from the net. So, I'm not positive it's all good.
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM hammer write failed

Post by Gampy »

DavidBraley wrote:Humm... My notes say that OS 12587603 (from his log, and where I stopped looking... I know, I'm lazy) is for a 2004 AMD 1M flash PCM service # 12586242, hardware # 12583660, DBW P59. I guess the Intel 1M flash did show up in some 2004 P59's? Yikes!
I would venture to guess that os has been written to that hardware by other then GM ... Your notes on this os 125 87 603 match my info.
DavidBraley wrote: I do not have a 2003 P59 with OS 12593058 here, but my notes say it's for the V8 engine if that helps any. They also say for that OS: Service # 12576106, Hardware # 12570558 (which is DBC).
Thank you ... That adds to my look for list.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
DavidBraley
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:15 pm
cars: 1948 GMC

Re: PCM hammer write failed

Post by DavidBraley »

Gampy wrote:
DavidBraley wrote:Humm... My notes say that OS 12587603 (from his log, and where I stopped looking... I know, I'm lazy) is for a 2004 AMD 1M flash PCM service # 12586242, hardware # 12583660, DBW P59. I guess the Intel 1M flash did show up in some 2004 P59's? Yikes!
I would venture to guess that os has been written to that hardware by other then GM ... Your notes on this os 125 87 603 match my info.
DavidBraley wrote: I do not have a 2003 P59 with OS 12593058 here, but my notes say it's for the V8 engine if that helps any. They also say for that OS: Service # 12576106, Hardware # 12570558 (which is DBC).
Thank you ... That adds to my look for list.
I really appreciate your diligence in finding this stuff out! I'm guessing it's helpful to a lot of us. I also put an edit to my earlier post and gave you credit for the correction! :thumbup:
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
User avatar
joukoy
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:27 pm
cars: --

Re: PCM hammer write failed

Post by joukoy »

Now tested with my other PCM (Service: 12586242) Edit: Not correct service number!
First, Full OS + CAL write with LS Droid (Because I don't have xdf for original OS), then some modifications to tune and calibration write with PCM Hammer.
No problems :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by joukoy on Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM hammer write failed

Post by Gampy »

David,

[edit]
Never mind ... Your log has the answers.

Do you have a device that works with PcmHammer other then the AllPro??

I am having one heck of a bad time with my AllPro, yet my SparkFun is working the best I've ever seen, 21 minutes for 1m, Zero retries most of the time.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
joukoy
Posts: 402
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:27 pm
cars: --

Re: PCM hammer write failed

Post by joukoy »

DavidBraley wrote:
Gampy wrote: Huh?
From his log ...
[04.14.30.739] Flash chip: Intel 28F800B, 1mb
I sure would be interested in more about this os 12593058 ... and if you have an unaltered factory bin.
Humm... My notes say that OS 12587603 (from his log, and where I stopped looking... I know, I'm lazy) is for a 2004 AMD 1M flash PCM service # 12586242, hardware # 12583660, DBW P59. I guess the Intel 1M flash did show up in some 2004 P59's? Yikes!

I do not have a 2003 P59 with OS 12593058 here, but my notes say it's for the V8 engine if that helps any. They also say for that OS: Service # 12576106, Hardware # 12570558 (which is DBC).

My notes are mostly stuff I've gathered from the net. So, I'm not positive it's all good.
(Useless info removed)
Last edited by joukoy on Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
DavidBraley
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:15 pm
cars: 1948 GMC

Re: PCM hammer write failed

Post by DavidBraley »

Gampy wrote:David,

[edit]
Never mind ... Your log has the answers.

Do you have a device that works with PcmHammer other then the AllPro??

I am having one heck of a bad time with my AllPro, yet my SparkFun is working the best I've ever seen, 21 minutes for 1m, Zero retries most of the time.
I only have the AllPro and it's slow as molasses. I'm so frustrated with it because it takes so much time that I don't really have for testing. I'm about to byte the bullet and pay the $300+ for a AVT-852 (I think that's the model #). I wish Pete and Tazzi would get there piece of kit out into the world! Can you hear me yelling Pete and Tazzi!!!

What is this SparkFun gizmo you speak of! Those people are just down the road from me. It's where I by some of my Arduino's, Raspberry Pi's, and other such electronics fun.
-David

I'm a machinist... because engineers need heroes too.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM hammer write failed

Post by Gampy »

DavidBraley wrote:I wish Pete and Tazzi would get there piece of kit out into the world! Can you hear me yelling Pete and Tazzi!!!

What is this SparkFun gizmo you speak of! Those people are just down the road from me. It's where I by some of my Arduino's, Raspberry Pi's, and other such electronics fun.
Yea, me too ... But I learned along time ago to allow the cream to rise to the top in it's own good time.

As for the SparkFun, I got it a long time ago as a gift: OBD-II UART, and the USB - Serial port addon on board FTDI Basic Breakout - 5V.
I also got a OBD-II to DB9 Cable with a switch, but they don't list one with a switch now.

Unfortunately the USB-Serial is FTDI ...

[edit]
I should also mention it's not 4x capable.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM hammer write failed

Post by Gampy »

joukoy wrote:Now tested with my other PCM (Service: 12586242)
First, Full OS + CAL write with LS Droid (Because I don't have xdf for original OS), then some modifications to tune and calibration write with PCM Hammer.
No problems :thumbup:
joukoy,

That doesn't sound right, ServiceNo: 12586242 covers HardwareNo: 12583660, and is Amd Flash I believe. (according to my info)
Yet, the log clearly states Intel Flash.
[08.01.41.207] Flash chip: Intel 28F800B, 1mb
Could you please confirm.
(Not that it really matters I guess, maybe just to me)
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
NSFW
Posts: 802
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:13 am

Re: PCM hammer write failed

Post by NSFW »

joukoy wrote:Now tested with my other PCM (Service: 12586242)
First, Full OS + CAL write with LS Droid (Because I don't have xdf for original OS), then some modifications to tune and calibration write with PCM Hammer.
No problems :thumbup:
Thanks for confirming the fix!
Please don't PM me with technical questions - start a thread instead, and send me a link to it. That way I can answer in public, and help other people who have the same question. Thanks!