FS: PCM NVRAM Conversion (VS Ecotec, VT V6/V8, VX/VY L67)

Hardware and Software. If you have something to sell, post it here.

Re: FS: PCM NVRAM Conversion (VS Ecotec, VT V6/V8, VX/VY L67

Postby iicudigi@gmail.com » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:51 pm

Hi guys is this what i need to reflash my ecotec 2003 vy n/a to suit a std L67 i have fitted? the serial number on mine is 16269238. origonal ecotec harness used. Just moded

i have ALDL cable and tunerpro rt

Thanks I have read the faqs but was concerned about the match

Site Admin

Postby antus » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:48 am

Not exactly, the l67 pcm is a vt style computer, the flash pcm is NA, so its not the same computer, physically. But you can flash the1s enhanced bin in to the factory flash pcm to give it the ability to handle boost and you can do this with an aldl cable. It depends which way you want to go. This is for tuning a non flash pcm.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396

Postby mashie350 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:02 pm

Hi there,
I am struggling to wrap my head around this all. I have a factory VX with L67.
I have a few programs installed in regards to read write functions:

-Memcal ID Tool
-OSE Enhanced Flash Tool

I gather once ALDL is plugged in put battery on charger of course, use Key finder tool to crack PCM ID key? This may take a few days if i'm not mistaken?
Once ID is found the PCM will be able to be written to by OSE yes? What am i missing here what exactly do i need because there seem to be a few programs that do the same thing here???
:comp: :comp: :comp:
:study: :study: :study:

Site Admin

Postby antus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:10 pm

VX L67 is not the flash pcm, its the same as the VT pcm with a ROM, so you can not write it as is. There are a couple of approaches you can take. This nvram conversion makes it real time tuneable, or you can research how to replace or erase and write the EPROM which will need hardware. These PCMs do not need and do not have security. The NA VX has flash memory and security and ose flash tool can calculate it so no cracking is needed. Have a look at the guides in the FAQ area (see the link up near the top right).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396

Previous

Return to For Sale