PCM Hammer P01 and P59 flash tool v015

They go by many names, P01, P10, P12, P59, E38, VPW, '0411 etc.
Vampyre
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:02 am
cars: grand am, trans am

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by Vampyre »

everything is right where it should be, this is really annoying. anyone else wanna try compliling it ill drop it in a zip
wtf.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by Gampy »

Vampyre wrote:everything is right where it should be, this is really annoying. anyone else wanna try compliling it ill drop it in a zip
Slick as snot ...

That image shows your current directory being "C:\Users\Jay", you need to change directories to the "PcmHacks\Kernels" directory.
read-kernel.bin.txt
micro-kernel.bin.txt
[edit]
Shame on me, I missed it previously ...
Vampyre wrote:tried to rebuild read_kernel and now i get this but all files are in the folder

C:\>C:\Users\vampy\Documents\PcmHacks-2019.01.16.02\PcmHacks-2019.01.16.02\Kernels\build.bat
My bad, I apologize, I should have caught that!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Vampyre
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:02 am
cars: grand am, trans am

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by Vampyre »

no prob grampy, im not always the clearest when i type stuff. plus sick as hell thanks to kids going to a plague factory called chucky cheese so barely coherent.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by Gampy »

Vampyre wrote:plus sick as hell thanks to kids going to a plague factory called chucky cheese so barely coherent.
Awe, so my Slick as Snot comment slide right in there ...

I feel for for ya, I got grand kids in school, I call them my little bug factories.

Rest, get better ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by Gampy »

Was doing some sleeping thinking last night and woke to a thought ...

The P04 was used from 98-05 according to what's been said.
Obviously that means it was built along side the P01 and P59. I don't mean physically.

The P59 changes to AMD in ?04?

Wouldn't it be likely that the P04 does also, I mean uses an AMD Flash chip from ?04? on ...

Vampyre,
You uploaded a "2000 Grand Am GT LA1 12201465.bin", is that from the same Pcm you are working on, the same exact Pcm, not one like it.
Also, do you have a bin from a 04-05 unit??

Thanks
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
Jim Blackwood
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:28 pm
cars: 1971 MGB/340 Buick/TKO/Jag IRS
2002 Lincoln Blackwood
1996 MCI 102DL3

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by Jim Blackwood »

VIN: 4th digit from left. OK, I tried using an uppercase A and that returned a zero. As did B. C returned a C. Then I noticed something a bit screwy.
If I click on a different block (move focus away from the 4th digit) before committing changes, the uppercase letters seem to hold but the lowercase letters change to "Z". Apparently the changes revert to the last entry unless focus is moved away from the last changed digit before committing changes. I was unaware of this requirement but now wonder if it affects other changes in other dialogs. It means another included step in any dialog change if so. Not necessarily a bad thing but probably better if it wasn't like that I would guess. You guys who are programmers might want to look at that.

For now I can go with the all caps. If you guys change it I'll use the lowercase. In the meantime I suppose I should go back and look at everything I've changed and make sure it took.

Jim
Vampyre
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:02 am
cars: grand am, trans am

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by Vampyre »

Gampy wrote: The P04 was used from 98-05 according to what's been said.
Obviously that means it was built along side the P01 and P59. I don't mean physically.

The P59 changes to AMD in ?04?

Wouldn't it be likely that the P04 does also, I mean uses an AMD Flash chip from ?04? on ...

Vampyre,
You uploaded a "2000 Grand Am GT LA1 12201465.bin", is that from the same Pcm you are working on, the same exact Pcm, not one like it.
Also, do you have a bin from a 04-05 unit??

Thanks

nope P04 stuck with 512 intel chip, In 04 gm started testing the E67 in the grandprix and impala. Then in 06 all FWD v6 cars got it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by Gampy »

Vampyre wrote:
Gampy wrote: The P04 was used from 98-05 according to what's been said.
Obviously that means it was built along side the P01 and P59. I don't mean physically.

The P59 changes to AMD in ?04?

Wouldn't it be likely that the P04 does also, I mean uses an AMD Flash chip from ?04? on ...

Vampyre,
You uploaded a "2000 Grand Am GT LA1 12201465.bin", is that from the same Pcm you are working on, the same exact Pcm, not one like it.
Also, do you have a bin from a 04-05 unit??

Thanks

nope P04 stuck with 512 intel chip, In 04 gm started testing the E67 in the grandprix and impala. Then in 06 all FWD v6 cars got it
Vampyre, Thank you for the '05 bin!

[edit] Are you sure all P04's have Intel 512k Flash??

Can I get an answer to the question about the "2000 Grand Am GT LA1 12201465.bin" you previously uploaded, is that from the same Pcm you are working on, the same exact Pcm, not one like it??
It's important, the information from your posted logs and that bin can give up clues, but they (bin & logs) must be from the exact same unit.
Last edited by Gampy on Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
MudDuck514
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E
Location: North TX, USA

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by MudDuck514 »

Hi all,

Vampyre,
Thanks for the new BIN file. Is the number for the OSID, or some other number? If OSID, can you give me the OSID for the 2005 Venture BIN?
Do you by chance happen to have a working XDF for the LA1 PCM?

Thanks,
Mike
Vampyre
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:02 am
cars: grand am, trans am

Re: PCM Hammer - new ls1 flash tool

Post by Vampyre »

MudDuck514 wrote:Hi all,

Vampyre,
Thanks for the new BIN file. Is the number for the OSID, or some other number? If OSID, can you give me the OSID for the 2005 Venture BIN?
Do you by chance happen to have a working XDF for the LA1 PCM?

Thanks,
Mike

Download tinytuner its like tunerpro but for v6 pcms all the xdfs are built for it and come with it

Gampy yes my wifes car is a 2000 grand am gt1 that I swapped a 3800 supercharged motor into so I use my tech2 with her vin to program all my P04 to start with that file factory.

If anyone wants a bin for other v6 Just let me know and ill use the tech2 to load it and post the bin