Cruise tuning

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kevspec
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
cars: Vs 215i grange

Cruise tuning

Post by Kevspec »

Okay so I have now got my new Motor in and running. Main issue I'm having is when I'm cruising I can feel the engine pushing even with no throttle. I have checked over all the logs and can see that the iac is open. I feel this should be shut all the time unless alot of decal or idle. It's is also causing lean cruise issues from the extra air and cause to run hotter. If i throttle and command more timing and fuel it cools down easy and fast. I have also turned lean cruise off until tune is right

Motor setup is 355 11.4:1 comp 235@50 108 hydraulic roller with airgap intake and aeroflow throttle body
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Cruise tuning

Post by antus »

can you post up a bin and a log? it'd be useful to see what the computer thinks it should be doing, and any DTCs.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Kevspec
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
cars: Vs 215i grange

Re: Cruise tuning

Post by Kevspec »

here is my bin and 1 of my logs yes tune is way off and not really giving much load still running in but no dtc but should be some indications. also if you look at my bin would you please be able to check if you can confirm any trans codes for output speed loss or trans slip are turned off only due to my 3500 convertor and everytime i try run it down the quarter it hits limp mode. there is nothing wrong with trans or tune setup etc its just having a fit due to size of convertor and so much grip on the strip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevspec
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
cars: Vs 215i grange

Re: Cruise tuning

Post by Kevspec »

I've had a close look at my logs and only thing I can assume is I'm trying to me so safe with tune it's actually making it run hot. I'm pulling dome timing at cruise and also running super rich so in theory can't burn all the fuel and raising cylinder pressures and temps. It's the only thing I can think of as when I throttle it or idle afr Lean off and don't have any issues
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Cruise tuning

Post by antus »

I havnt had a chance to look at the bin or log but it sounds light. Like the tune is just too far out.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Kevspec
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
cars: Vs 215i grange

Re: Cruise tuning

Post by Kevspec »

ok so i backed the fuel off heaps and getting mid 12s on cruise and today 26 ish and didnt get over 95c which is perfect as i still have a 91c thermostat in there for now which will be swapped out for a lower temp range which engine i feel will easily sit at lower temps
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Cruise tuning

Post by delcowizzid »

You have far to much timing pulled and far to much fuel that's why it's getting hot.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Cruise tuning

Post by vlad01 »

yeah retarded timing + rich = hot exhaust and head temps
Kevspec
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
cars: Vs 215i grange

Re: Cruise tuning

Post by Kevspec »

sorry guys as stated i have now fixed the tune its good all round have also changed to lower thermostat and it stays cool easy now and doesnt climb when stuck in hot traffic. also added more timing at cruise and less fuel. all looks fine now just uses fuel which was to be expected but was expecting a touch more then 150ks to half a tank cruising but having 500+hp at motor 3500 convetor and 3.9 gears was never going to be good on fuel