no spark
-
Kevspec
- Posts: 243
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
- cars: Vs 215i grange
Re: no spark
Yes tried with no ecu connected. Same bin, original bin even put stock memcal in still no difference
-
Kevspec
- Posts: 243
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
- cars: Vs 215i grange
Re: no spark
Update put a new set of non resistor plugs in got it running was pretty good until up to temp then cooked plugs again.
Done and ohms test on the injectors 0280155968 bosch green 42 lbs and 1 bank came back 16 ohms and other 30 ohms from what I can see they shpuld be 12 ohms
Done and ohms test on the injectors 0280155968 bosch green 42 lbs and 1 bank came back 16 ohms and other 30 ohms from what I can see they shpuld be 12 ohms
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: no spark
Each Injector measured by itself should be around 12ohms are they genuine or cheap copies off ebay that stick shut.
Don't run non resistor plugs on efi run ngk bpr6es
Don't run non resistor plugs on efi run ngk bpr6es
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
Kevspec
- Posts: 243
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
- cars: Vs 215i grange
Re: no spark
They were ment to be genuine and I'm running bp7efs. I'm also guessing that's why I'm loosing spark as injectors run on same circuit as ignition
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: no spark
You must run resistor plugs like Delco said
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Kevspec
- Posts: 243
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
- cars: Vs 215i grange
Re: no spark
Ok update injector test came back. Confirmed they are genuine so least I'm happy there but there that far out of spec shop said either throw em in the bin or take em back. So would explain why it's been stealing all the power from ignition circuit and fueling is and has been shit house
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: no spark
obviously not genuine then, its been a mighty long time since Bosch made them and fakes outnumber genuine 10:1. Only way to tell is to cut them open really but they certainly sound fake.
-
Kevspec
- Posts: 243
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
- cars: Vs 215i grange
Re: no spark
yep pretty annoying as paid for genuine product and done everything right and tried other parts to try fix the issue to just find out someone else is the cause of it all
-
Kevspec
- Posts: 243
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
- cars: Vs 215i grange
Re: no spark
so any recommendations to what injector i should now go for?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: no spark
Yeah that's why I don't use Bosch or even Deka injectors anymore, the market is so saturated with fakes it's impossible to know when you are getting genuine. I normally go for OEM injectors off current model cars that will suit the job. I have FoMoCo F series truck injectors on my car. They are yet to be copied as far as I know just becasue they aren't popular or well known and still pretty new.
That's the problem, any popular well known performance part that's been around for a long time is always cloned first as that's where they can makes their bucks the quickest. eg. 044 fuel pumps, LSU 4.9 sensors, green top injectors, LS injectors, FG turbo injectors, various common turbos etc... All bloody clones. Oh and how can I forget the Walbro 255L/H pump. Genuine are like winning the lottery unless you buy direct from the company out of the USA. That pump alone probably the most cloned car part ever.
That's the problem, any popular well known performance part that's been around for a long time is always cloned first as that's where they can makes their bucks the quickest. eg. 044 fuel pumps, LSU 4.9 sensors, green top injectors, LS injectors, FG turbo injectors, various common turbos etc... All bloody clones. Oh and how can I forget the Walbro 255L/H pump. Genuine are like winning the lottery unless you buy direct from the company out of the USA. That pump alone probably the most cloned car part ever.