trip computer

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kevspec
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
cars: Vs 215i grange

trip computer

Post by Kevspec »

sorry but has anyone figured out how to calibrate the trip computer fuel average and usage to new injectors?

car is vs series 2 grange and new injectors are bosch 42lbs greens on cruise reads 3/100 clearly no where near that
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: trip computer

Post by antus »

adjust scalar "Trip Computer - Amount Of Fuel For 1/256 Duration (MSec)". Found by hitting Ctrl + F then searching any for trip.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Kevspec
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
cars: Vs 215i grange

Re: trip computer

Post by Kevspec »

awesome think i got it sorted now thank you
Kevspec
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
cars: Vs 215i grange

Re: trip computer

Post by Kevspec »

i think i have it sorted but my instant fuel doesnt seem to be accurate
Kevspec
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
cars: Vs 215i grange

Re: trip computer

Post by Kevspec »

sorry i seem to be doing it all as i feel is correct but my fuel usage and average doesnt seem anywhere near true still
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: trip computer

Post by vlad01 »

Is the fuel usage in TP accurate though?
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: trip computer

Post by immortality »

You can adjust the trip computer as well. From factory both the distance and fuel calibrations should be set to 625 IIRC. I would try and concentrate on getting the average fuel usage correct and then see what the instant fuel usage is like.
Kevspec
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
cars: Vs 215i grange

Re: trip computer

Post by Kevspec »

That's what I mean I've followed the instructions in the exam spread sheet then copied over into tuner pro but when I'm cruising alone reckons I'm barely using any but pedometer doesn't lie lol.

Car isn't close to efficient but would like to see real numbers