VE BCM

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
Drenno
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:42 pm
cars: 1984 ford bronco
1998 chevrolet suburban
2007 ve ss commodore
2004 toyota hilux

VE BCM

Post by Drenno »

Does anybody know the seed/key algorithm for the body side modules of the VE commodore? Or know how I may find it?

If I can work it out I'll develop a program to check the keys
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: VE BCM

Post by Gareth »

VE keys are linked to the immobiliser not the BCM.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Drenno
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:42 pm
cars: 1984 ford bronco
1998 chevrolet suburban
2007 ve ss commodore
2004 toyota hilux

Re: VE BCM

Post by Drenno »

Gareth wrote:VE keys are linked to the immobiliser not the BCM.
Only physical keys are aren't they?

I'm talking about software seed/keys and as far as I'm aware they are linked to the cluster, radio, hvac control, BCM etc.
julespatch
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
Location: Adelaide

Re: VE BCM

Post by julespatch »

keys are defintely in the key reader/immobiliser, remotes are in the RFA.
mattyjf01
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:41 am

Re: VE BCM

Post by mattyjf01 »

Only a year late
VE BCM
Algo: 0x7C
Type: GMLAN