PCM Hammer Release 012

They go by many names, P01, P10, P12, P59, E38, VPW, '0411 etc.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer Release 012

Post by Gampy »

Holy shizzles, that's not a "Low Cost" unit ...

I've been looking at that unit, I need a good j-box to develop with.

Not sure about the buffer empty message, but it looks like it is adding a byte to each received packet, I dunno know.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
MudDuck514
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E
Location: North TX, USA

Re: PCM Hammer Release 012

Post by MudDuck514 »

Hi all,

Gampy, I think one could buy several AVT cables for the cost of ONE of those!
Definitely NOT cheap!
Still waiting for the XPro to be released.

Mike
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer Release 012

Post by Gampy »

Yes sir, that's a fact!

I don't use them, I'm just a wanna be developer.

Therefore why have what other developers already have working. ;)

The only justification is education ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: PCM Hammer Release 012

Post by ironduke »

Is that extra byte the crc or something??? normally not displayed by the logs...
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer Release 012

Post by Gampy »

If it is I couldn't figure it out ... that's no surprise to me, if it's other then 1+1 I'm lost and I get confused with that now and again!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PCM Hammer Release 012

Post by antus »

Yeah it looks like the crc. Its odd that it only starts being added part way through the process. Maybe there is a j2534 command to hide crc, and maybe we just leave it at the default which is dont send it for other devices. (I havnt checked).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
RoninDusette
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:06 pm
cars: 2015 Chevy Cruze LT (Trifecta, CAI, lowered)
1991 Honda CRX Si (gutted, waiting for love)
2004 Ford Focus SE
2015 Chevy Malibu
2002 Saturn SL

Re: PCM Hammer Release 012

Post by RoninDusette »

Will this work with an obdlink sx? I have a few and I know you can configure the firmware. Is there a supported vehicle list? I member trying it out a while ago and couldn't get it to work for me but I imagine it was my lack of hardware, knowledge, and/or a compatible platform.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PCM Hammer Release 012

Post by antus »

Yes obdlink sx, while one of the slowest interfaces, is supported and does work. Pcmhammer will read and write p01 and p59 computers (512kb and 1024kb). You need to find and XDF that suits your operating system to do the tune editing in tunerpro once you've read the bin file. You may decide to change to a different and more common OS if you cant find definitions for yours.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: PCM Hammer Release 012

Post by Tazzi »

Looking at the log, the CRC is showing in the received messages.

Even though J2534 is standardized, not all companies implement it properly and this is a prime example. So the CRC is not meant to be displayed under any circumstance as per J2534 compliance. Since if the CRC was incorrect, it shouldnt have been displayed so its pointless having it display.
So pcmhammer code needs to be updated to not worry about the extra byte. Needs to bascially ensure the correct frame is received based off the mode request, ensure it meets the minimum length and then grab only the bytes it needs.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer Release 012

Post by Gampy »

Tazzi, that is exactly what I've been working on, teaching PcmHammer to ignore the extra byte(s), however that could take me weeks ... If I can even figure it all out!

I did build a custom version that ignored the extra byte in the unlock Key response, it then unlocked the unit, but ultimately still failed.

The funny thing is PcmHammer 10 works on that Autel, TE27Levin has sent me several junk yard bins currently and in the past ripped with v10 by jumping the short pin to get past the unlock.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!